I'm in need of a stack now that I'm gigging, and I was thinking about an Orange AD30 stack, but that's out the window since I can't buy one that fast. I'm looking a JCM900 stack at the moment and I'm going to sell off my Behringer 2x12 and my Boss OD-20 for around $350 to help muster up some $$$. Anyone have any better suggestions for what I should buy?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
What the hell do you need a stack for? A 50w tube combo should bemore than enough volume.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Personally, I think you are on the right track. I'm looking at the Marshall myself. I can't decide between it or a Mesa Boogie.
Any all tube stack under $1000 will do. I'll just say I play high gain music. I'm willing to resort to Ebay.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Still, why do you need a stack? Are you going to be playing open arenas unmiced or something??
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I still think the Marshall is a good choice. Lots of gain and versatile. Won't let you down either.
I'm just weary about Marshall combos. I've played a DSL head and a DSL combo and the head was much better and I've heard and played through a JCM900 stack before and I loved it.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
You won't get a decent stack for under stack. And what do you mean by high gain? Like Pantera or metalcore/numetal bands?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
just give him some stackk people

get a used JCM 900, and a new avtar cabinet offa ebay or avatarspeakers.com, or a used Marshall 1960A cabinet
a stacks just for shopw there is a little diffrence between a half stack and a combo the halfstack has a bit more punch for metal but i mean between a halfstack and a stack is just pointless money which you could use for a better head. if your wanting high gain i wouldnt reccomend a jcm 900.

Try laney or engl. marshall dsl ive heard some ok things about. peavey xxx or 6505?

Just some suggestions
None of those are really under $1000 haha. I'm not looking to play hardcore or anything, just rock mainly. I think I might go for a Carvin MTS stack, or at least the cab, since it's almost identical to a Marshall cab. I'm also looking at a Basson oversized cab since I've heard nothing but good stuff about them.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Last edited by Ambulance X at Aug 10, 2006,
^used on ebay you can get good deals check it out a peavey 6505 is only like $700 for the head i think dunno how much your cabinet is but i guess youd have to level it out the spending.
Last edited by Sora 01 at Aug 10, 2006,
Quote by Ambulance X
That's not really under $1000 haha.

You said you were willing to go used
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well, I looked on Ebay and found some mighty sweet deals on some Laneys. Do the single channel heads have good cleans, or any cleans, for that matter?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Yes they have very good cleans so ive heard the laney gh anyway. Just without the 2 channels kinda foiled that one for me myself but depends what you use it for. its meant to be pretty amazing high gain. ive heard one just never tried it.

Look maybe for a laney vh? basicly the same but 2 channels i think.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LANEY-GH100L-HI-GAIN-100-WATT-TUBE-GUITAR-AMP-HEAD_W0QQitemZ250015061292QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Hurry 3 hours

If you can maybe make up a thread asking if theres a way to make 2 channels out of it with using the 2 inputs because i was wandering that myself. thats a great price for a laney anyday.
stacks are for show, you'd be hard to come by 2 nice 4x12's for less than a grand.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I know I'm gonna get flamed, but should I buy a Laney stack, if I can find it cheaper than a JCM900, without trying it? I don't believe there's any dealers around me, so I can't really try it out.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
^ nah u wont get flamed everyone here knows laneys are really good amps. specially gh. anyways when you get past a certain amount of money for an amp it depends what tone you like best not the cash it costs. it depends i wouldnt reccomend buying it blindley i suppose. i dont think i knows anywhere you can get sound clips. i could tell you some bands that use em. opeth, black sabbath (i think) hopefully someone can give you clips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICE-marshall-speaker-cabinet-JCM-900-LEAD-1960B_W0QQitemZ290016155247QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38075QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That would go well with it and well under your budget.

I wouldnt rush into anything just bide your time check out some amps and see what you like. you dont want to waste your money and im sure another few laney ghs will be up sometime if ur intrested.
Yeah dude. It's not like saying "OMG Marshall MG rule!!"
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Do Laneys tend to have a darker or brighter tone or kind of in-between? I know a lot of British amps have a mellow tone to them, like Oranges. And what can it cover? I want sufficient cleans, although they don't need to be great and versatile distortion for everything from Saosin to the Fall of Troy.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Last edited by Ambulance X at Aug 10, 2006,
a really great halfstack, or fullstack amp is a B-52 AT 100. 100 watts, tube RMS, and I think there's a deal at guitar center for the head and cab for 1000. It's a really great amp, has a lot of gain and i'ts very versitle. I own one and it's a really great sounding amp. go to guitar center and try it out.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

At this point, I'm really leaning towards a JCM2000. My friend can get me on for around $1300 with his discount at the GC and he's willing to put it on his credit card and I'll give him the payments. But I am also considering a Carvin MTS stack, and getting rid of the head once I can get my hands on a JCM900.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Ambulance X
At this point, I'm really leaning towards a JCM2000. My friend can get me on for around $1300 with his discount at the GC and he's willing to put it on his credit card and I'll give him the payments. But I am also considering a Carvin MTS stack, and getting rid of the head once I can get my hands on a JCM900.

yeah i got mine for 500$ they go pretty cheap
see, i've tried out carvins-they're worth way more than they cost. and they come standard with groove tubes, so that's a good savings. the MTS is good; if you could, go for the legacy or the v3, they're worth every penny.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'm also looking at a Laney GH50L right now. I'm just worried about the cleans on that. I was thinking about just buying a Tubescreamer to go with it to OD it so I can use the clean channel for OD and clean.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2