Hey everyone,
I have a gibson SG faded and I was thinking about putting a bigsby B5 on it. If I did put a bigsby on it would I need to get locking tuners? If so what kind would I get to fit the guitar? I also wanted to know if I could put metal pickup covers over my pickups because The pickups look like they were wrapped in duck tape and look very bad. Thanks in advance for everyone that helps...
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
it would be smart to get locking tuners if you get a bigsby but i dont htink it would be completly nessecary
Quote by ihatemetal
Fallout boy with Tom Delonge on vocals would be the ultimate supergroup

you my friend, are an idiot
No you don't need to put locking tuners on if you put a bigsby on, It wouldnt be a abd idea though, And gibson makes pickup covers for "Open" pickups,
bigsbys arent really meant for insane dives and such, mainly just some nice vibrato, so you dont neccesarily need locking tuners, but they couldnt hurt.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
as much as i know you dont need anything extra for bigsby trems
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by RHCP=w=
Hey everyone,
I have a gibson SG faded and I was thinking about putting a bigsby B5 on it. If I did put a bigsby on it would I need to get locking tuners? If so what kind would I get to fit the guitar? I also wanted to know if I could put metal pickup covers over my pickups because The pickups look like they were wrapped in duck tape and look very bad. Thanks in advance for everyone that helps...

putting a cover on a pickup is pointless if you want covers on your pickup then go out and buy pickups that have covers pre-installed on them
ya you shouldnt need any locking tunners as a Bigsby isnt meant for doing insane dives and the such maybe look into getting at Setsbar if you need it for that
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I have the same guitar as you and I asked the shop where I bought it if they could put covers on it. The guy said it wasn't possible because all pickups are different in width and **** and that maybe he would've had to cut out more wood if the pickup covers were to big.

I don't believe him. Gibson covers should fit (but if you want to put them in, I'd suggest you just buy a pair 490r 498t pickups by Gibson with covers pre-installed).

Man the guitar would be even hotter then
Quote by captainkurt
you might want to look into a bridge with rolling saddles too.

Yeah That would be a good idea, I'm buying one for my maestro trem, You can get them here: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Locking_Roller_Bridge.html