Poll: Jackson Or Ibanez?
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson Or Ibanez?
Jackson
21 58%
Ibanez
15 42%
Voters: 36.
Hi, my first post so please be nice! lol. Im interested in buying a new guitar. I mainly play metal/hard rock so i need a guitar to suite this. Iv narrowed it down to a Jackson or a Ibanez but im unsure of which one to go for. The two models i like are:

Ibanez Iceman IC400
Jackson DKMG

Although the Jackson has EMG pickups and a Floyd Rose i have been told that the Ibanez will be better for this kind of style. I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out??

Thanks, ZildjianUK (i also play drums as well before any1 asks!) lol.
About £349 i think, iv got a picture of the jackson i want to buy, which is about £530 with that finish:
Attachments:
2910100523_xl.jpg
Last edited by ZildjianUK at Aug 10, 2006,
Just get yourself a trem model Ibanez. S470QM (beautiful guitars) or a RG1570, both have much better trems than the Jackson's licensed one and you'd only have to change out the pickups which I find much easier to do that changing up a bridge.
Well i wudnt know how to install new pickups lol and im sure it wud cost a bit to get it done anyway. lol. I will take a look at the ones u suggested, thanks m8.
Neither. Either what ^this dude said or an RG321MH with EMGs
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Neither. Either what ^this dude said or an RG321MH with EMGs

Well i rele want a Whammy bar.
How much wud it cost to get new pickups installed? And how much for good EMG's?
I say the best guitar for you would be something in the S series, they are mahogany, so they are good for EMGs.

No, Ibanez guitars come with standard pickups (that aren't that great).
Id take the stock ibanez pickups ANYDAY over thos ****ty EMG-HZ pups.

That jackson has a piece of **** lfr as well.

Get your self an S470 my friend.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Liscnesed Floyd Rose

The jackson ones are ****.

That jackson is a nice guitar, escept for the trem. In that price range, go for the 1570, its got pretty decent pickups for stock( not as good as emgs of course ), and IMO the best tremelo out there, EDGE PRO.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Liscnesed Floyd Rose

The jackson ones are ****.

That jackson is a nice guitar, escept for the trem. In that price range, go for the 1570, its got pretty decent pickups for stock( not as good as emgs of course ), and IMO the best tremelo out there, EDGE PRO.

You dont know what the FUCCK your talking about. I have a DK2 with that trem and it doesn't go out of tune at all. Go for the jackson.

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
If you want a whammy bar the the IC400 is right out because it doesn't have one and it would cost a fair bit to get one installed what with the routing and buying a new trem. So I would say go for the Jackson Or an Ibanez RG 370DX or an Ibanez S520EXBK.<-- I've played both of these personally and they play extremely well and they stay in tune nicely.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
1570 or S470. Or at least a Hellraiser. No questions asked.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?