Anyone have this? Is it good? What types of music is it good for? I play stuff like Coheed and Cambria and Muse. Should I get this or save up for an MXR Doubleshot?
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
I tried one in the music shop. I think I'll get one soon. It made a very good tone.
Quote by Robb987123Bass
How do I quote someone in my sig? If you look at mine, you'll see that I've failed

██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
the Russian Muff is great. Personally, I'd dish out the extra $20 for the American Muff, but that's just me.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Russian Muff = Better.

They cost less and arent as distorted (eg you have more control over what comes out of them.. the american is just like.. Full fuzz on every setting) from what I hear at least.
I have the Russian one and i love it. The only downside is no true bypass.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Russian Muff = Better.

They cost less and arent as distorted (eg you have more control over what comes out of them.. the american is just like.. Full fuzz on every setting) from what I hear at least.

not true. I've played both muffs (along with various copies) and I can say that the American muff has given me the most tonal variety. The Russian muff comes close, but is a little more fuzzy/intense than the American. The best way I can describe the US muff is creamy. It's sort of a classic 70's fuzz. I haven't really listened to Muse or Coheed and Cambria, but from what I've heard from C&C they're kind of a Russian Muff, more intense fuzz. Try them both out, with a whole bunch of settings and then decide which you like more.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Yeah the black sustainer on I was looking at was Russian.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.