Page 1 of 2
i am looking to buy a big amp i have a marshall mg30dfx i wass looking at buying a spider 2 stach or a mg100dfx amp please could u hellp me chose one of find allternatifs in that price range
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Peavey 5150 or 6505 if thats the style you like.

O sh1t I guess their not in that price range...I dunno you cant get a good stack for the price of a Line 6 Spider stack
asianrockerdude ur amazing
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
None of those, you shouldnt have bought the mg30 in the first place, this thread is in the wrong forum. After buying one Mg you would think you would know not to want to buy another one. I dont really have suggestions just dont buy any of those amps you listed.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Look at the B-52 LG-100 stack. I can't say I have a whole lot of experience with them, other than about 15 minutes in my local store, but the general consensus is that they are very good amps for the money, and blow the MG, Spider, and Crate stacks of equal price out of the water.
^So why the f*ck would you buy another?

Also, may I ask why you want a stack? A nice tube combo would be about the same price as any of the POS halfstacks in the $600 range and would sound worlds better, and most likely be louder.

So, why halfstacks?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i dont kno i just think thay look cool but i am a noob so what would you serjest
Quote by tiny0514
i dont kno i just think thay look cool but i am a noob so what would you serjest

Don't get something just because it looks cool, get something because it sounds good

This is probably the wrong forum but anyways, What's your price range? And What styles of music do you play?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
th much will get u a very nice tube amp
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Quote by tiny0514
well i aint got that much £600 max and i like metal and hevey stuff

You've got £600 and you were looking at those!

Could you be more specific with what you play? People here have a lot of different opinions on what's Metal and Heavy

EDIT: Also how loud do you need?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Aug 10, 2006,
well i am in a band wont to start giging we play allot ov bfmv trivium pantra metalica c.o.b. i need it loud enuuf for a gig
jus get a good tube for $1000(US) and u will be happy. 1000 aint gonna get u much of a stack
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Dude thats an effing triple post, and your other thread has 3 double posts, quit bumping and learn to edit, people will read your thread.
Something with tubes.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Get a b-52 at-100 halfstack for about 1100 us, its an excellent amp, and if you're a newb, then how can you play stuff by trivium?
^ because its not hard? lol

Anyways, yeah...look into a Marshall DSL/TSL combo...or a JCM900+an overdrive pedal. Peavey will be a lot over where you are (UK?) so those are kind of out of the question. Mesa F-30 or F-50? Idk..

Just please, as we've all already established, stay away from cheapo half/full stacks. Theyre useless and sound like ish. Its very cliche' to say here but: a good tube combo.
^noooooooooo! The horrors of a tube combo!

Butt liek me wantzz uhhh 1/2STAHHH|<|<!

So difficult it is Andy. So difficult it is.

Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP anybody? 60 tube watts. More than enough for what you can handle right now boy.
Do you know what you should buy with the money to buy a stack? You should go take english courses with those or buy 'English for Dummies'
"because its not hard? lol"

I guess if he just plays rhythem, but someone who is just getting started in guitar will not be able to play alot of the lead parts from that band, thats why they are famous....it takes some skill to play music that well and especially to keep everything flowing together in a band performing live.
Quote by aznrockerdude

well played, good sir
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Quote by tiny0514
i need something whith sum krunch

What about Captain Crunch cereal? or Rice Krispies...but there more of a snap , crackle , pop :S
Im more of a cookie crisp man myself

but seriously save up some more money or get a tube amp.
we must become the change we want to see.
Quote by 1fine69
Get a b-52 at-100 halfstack for about 1100 us, its an excellent amp

LISTEN TO HIM

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

you could get a Crate GT1200h halfstack...its only 500 bucks, and it is well worth the price.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

^Crate amps suck. He'd be better off with an MG than with a Crate.

*in no way am I suggesting the MG*

I'm going to second what everyone else has said - get a tube combo.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Crate amps suck. He'd be better off with an MG than with a Crate.

*in no way am I suggesting the MG*

I'm going to second what everyone else has said - get a tube combo.

that one doesnt by any means 'suck'
its not top of the line, but it doesnt suck.
and, he said 'in that price range' of an MG100dfx or Line 6 Spider II
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by tiny0514

It looks cool until you meet a drummer and he wants you to come over and you have to carry the damn thing, then OMG...i realized i don't have a practice amp thats worth a crap...i have to carry it back home.

After that 1 scenario...that amp looks about as cool as someoen trying to shred on a warlock
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2