i cant believe i couldnt find any foo threads. so here we go, i wanna start up some foo chat. wut is it about this band thats so awsome? i love foo and i cant put my finger on it...
Dave Grohl owns.
I loved the acoustic songs of in your honor, they were some of the best written foo songs i've ever heard.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
One of my favorite bands of all time.

Colour and Shape is ****ing classic.

They just ****ing rock in every way possible. They're kinda like a band for the everyman ya know? No gimmicks and what not. Just straight forward but not repetitivem they just....rock.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
they are cool

although they need more solos, they know they can do it so wtf
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
dave grohl ****ing rocks. he's got some nice chompers.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
they rock the shizpuppy
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
i loved in your honour, well the first disc anyway i thought the second one was a bit boring, not really my taste, but the foos rock anyhow
I love the foo fighters they have an awesome since of humor in all of there videos, they have an great drummer dave has a brilliant voice! good lyrics, there the whole thing. Gotta love em.
their acoustic albums is one of my favorites, i never get tired of listening to it
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
I love everything the Foo Fighers have done except the first disc of In Your Honor. It's just generic as hell. Everything else is awesome.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Dave Grohl is the most talented musician that will ever be born, he has a great voice, he writes great songs and he's a great drummer!
I love the song 'Learn to fly' of the album 'There is nothing left to lose'. Thats is my fave Foo fighters song. Plus the video is superb!!
This is my signature

I can't think of a decent sig!
Quote by RHCPhysco8
One of my favorite bands of all time.

Colour and Shape is ****ing classic.

They just ****ing rock in every way possible. They're kinda like a band for the everyman ya know? No gimmicks and what not. Just straight forward but not repetitivem they just....rock.

What he said.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
The Foo Fighters are one of those bands that are great, I really like 'em, but for some reason I don't listen to 'em quite as much as I probably should. I have I think all of their albums, but I haven't listened to one in a few months, at least. I dunno why lol. Whenever I do listen to them I think 'ahh I should lsiten to this band more often'... but I don't. Anyhow just thought I'd share that with you there lol.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Im not a brilliantly up to date musical fan. However, I do like some of the foo fighters shiznitch...
I've got another confesion to make..... I love the Foo's
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

I havn't heard anything. I hope not casue I love the foo's and most anything they bring out.

I love the foos I don't listen to them much though i really don't know why cause there awesome. I guess I'm just like Jallas.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
hey im a big foo fighters fan too so i took a look at there tabs...
well ive got some problems playing those tabs

e -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
B -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
G ----8-8-8-8-9-9-9-9-11-11-11-11------8-8-8-8-9-9-9-9-11-11-11-11-------------
D -7--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x----x--x--x--x------7---x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x----x--x--x---x-------------
A -7--6-6-6-6-7-7-7-7--9--9--9--9----7---6-6-6-6-7-7-7-7--9--9--9--9-------------
E -5----------------------------------------5------------------------------------------

how do i play those x ???

thx for listening

thats from- my hero -
x = muted string

basicly just mute the string with your first finger while playing the note on your a string
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Yer Taylor Hawkins and the Coatail Riders. Its a sick name for the band.

actually i think both dave grohl and taylor hawkins just did a couple of side gigs in between tours and song writing and i think they r done by now and back to the foo--which is probably my favorite modern band cuz they r so great at song writing and fury
Me fail English? That unpossible!

ROCK ON
I love Taylor's Drumming .

I was just giving the acoustic In Your Honor CD a revisit the other day. Virginia Moon and Cold Day In The Sun are great songs.
i don't really like the foos. they're ok, but i don't like grohl.
Ive been sentenced to a Death by Sexy by the Eagles of Death Metal fan club! PM Punk Rocker to get sentenced.

President of the 'Courtney Love does not suck' club. PM me to join.

Also a member of White Stripes club - see left.
grohl is quite a character. very humble imo. foo fighters rock.
Nowadays all the songs on the radio, all drive me crazy.
Quote by Geek_Aus
i don't really like the foos. they're ok, but i don't like grohl.

May I ask what's wrong with Grohl?
Quote by Revlin
May I ask what's wrong with Grohl?

He just seems kind of arrogant. Anyways Nirvana > Foos
Ive been sentenced to a Death by Sexy by the Eagles of Death Metal fan club! PM Punk Rocker to get sentenced.

President of the 'Courtney Love does not suck' club. PM me to join.

Also a member of White Stripes club - see left.
I have In Your Honor, both sides are great. Favorite - Razor. I love the guitar part...
Gear
-Ibanez Soundgear SRX3EXQM1 (yeah, long name)
-Fender Rumble 100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by Benny989
I have In Your Honor, both sides are great. Favorite - Razor. I love the guitar part...

I agree, i love razor i also like virginia moon alot too
Dave Grohl is a brilliant songwriter, in terms of both melody and lyrics. He makes sure it's not boring, which works well with the acoustic songs on In Your Honor. I just think he's dang good at what he does. My sig says it all.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
I think it's the great emotional power behind the songs (not the woosy crap fake type, but you know what i mean) Grohl is sincear. Anyway that's my thoughts on the greatness of the band.
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
foo fighters are great. I dont like bob dylan, but im considering catching his montreal gig in november just to see Dave perform acoustic foo's.

Might the Foo Fighters be the one band that everyone on UG agrees they're good?

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Quote by Geek_Aus
He just seems kind of arrogant. Anyways Nirvana > Foos

Poppycock.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Dave =/= arrogant.

I love the Foo Fighters because if you've ever seen a Foo Fighters tab, it's very intricate. There's a whole put into it, and the end is a beautiful product.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan