should i sign up for music theory class in school? Has anyone taken it in school?
Bob Marley
R.I.P.
Feburary 06, 1945-May 11, 1981

Put this in your sig to keep the rasta mans memory alive.

Quote by Metal-X
Once I tried snorting coke... but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
Last edited by ibanezrg120plyr at Aug 10, 2006,
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

don't do it it's so ****ing gay.

if your my school atleast

if your talking university level then go for it for sure

you'll be twice the musician you are now
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Theory is great to know. I've been tkaing instrumental and vocal class for 3 years now. Half of the class is theory and the other hafl ids playing. Knowing theory makes you fele more accomplished as a player and well you pretty much can pwn most of your friends at guitar knowledge and playing. Very helpful courses.
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Samick Corsair (custom evh paint job)
Bever Creek Acoustic
Boss DS-1
Behringer Bx108
Behringer Kx1200
At least your school has a music theory class...I'd try it out if I was you.

The high school that I went to started a guitar class 2nd semester of my Senior year, but I couldn't take it because I didn't have an acoustic

As matter of fact, I don't even think our colleges have music theory/guitar classes...
Quote by Csquared1001
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

don't do it it's so ****ing gay.

if your my school atleast

if your talking university level then go for it for sure

you'll be twice the musician you are now

Haha, this post went from totally against it to all for it in 5 lines. Awesome.

Learning theory can be quite boring. I took it in college and a lot of people hated it. I thoroughly enjoyed it because I could see how it would make a difference for me as a musician. It's more like learning a language than learning music because it's all reading and writing (as opposed to making noise) but if when you leave the class you take the time to understand how it actually applies to the instrument then it's completely worth it. I'd say take it only if you're interested in being a better musician.
i dont know
Bob Marley
R.I.P.
Feburary 06, 1945-May 11, 1981

Put this in your sig to keep the rasta mans memory alive.

Quote by Metal-X
Once I tried snorting coke... but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose.
dude i just joined year 11 music last week (year 12 being the final year here in australia) im way behind everyone else and im struggling a bit but im learning SOOOO much!
i tried learning out of a book and its alot harder. music class is beter because it helps you with your listening and performing skills.
DO IT! (unless its your final year of high school, then dont risk it incase you fail)
DO IT! it's just another system waiting to be explored. plus it's absolutely necessary once you reach a certain point.. if you're not learning new things about theory every day then you're stagnating your guitar skill development, so go learn!
music theory is like learning math but more interesting. he's right that its neverending but once you know the stuff you are definately a better musician. im taking it this year