Some would agree, some won't. There really isn't a "best floyd" just good ones and bad ones. What's the point of this thread?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I have a Floyd on my RG350, and at first I didn't quite like it, but after I learned how to configure it properly/efficiently, I'm quite a fan of it. It always stays in tune, and I haven't had a problem with it.
Quote by Dublo7
I have a Floyd on my RG350, and at first I didn't quite like it, but after I learned how to configure it properly/efficiently, I'm quite a fan of it. It always stays in tune, and I haven't had a problem with it.

It's not a floyd rose! Ibanez doesn't make guitars with a floyd rose! It's either an Edge Pro, Edge pro 2 or edge Pro 3, The Edge Pro being the best of the three. GOD!!

P.S i'm not really that mad, everybody makes mistakes.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Most people just call all floating bridges floyd's for short though...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
i much prefer real floyds or kahlers, i tried an ibanez edge pro 2 and i really diddnt like it plus the neck seemed to thin
Quote by toxicity33
It's not a floyd rose! Ibanez doesn't make guitars with a floyd rose! It's either an Edge Pro, Edge pro 2 or edge Pro 3, The Edge Pro being the best of the three. GOD!!

Yep, everybody does. There's no such thing as edge Pro 3.

Rundown...
Edge - FR clone with a heavier trem block. More sustain, thus better.

LoPro Edge - low profile FR with the benefits of Edge. Is great.

Lo-TRS I/II - FR clone made of tinfoil - avoid.

Edge Pro - ultra-low profile, smooth surface FR-based fulcrum trem. Is great, even better with locking stud upgrade. Ergonomically, miles ahead of OFR, quality is same or better.

Edge Pro II - Edge Pro minus quality minus steel string saddle inserts. Budgety and crappy.

Edge III - modern sweatshop FR clone. Focus on sweatshop, and it's crap.

ZR (Zero Resistance) - a low profile ball-bearing-based floating trem. Not really an FR, but the principle is the same. Oddly great bridge on lower priced Korean S-series.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Yep, everybody does. There's no such thing as edge Pro 3.

Rundown...
Edge - FR clone with a heavier trem block. More sustain, thus better.

LoPro Edge - low profile FR with the benefits of Edge. Is great.

Lo-TRS I/II - FR clone made of tinfoil - avoid.

Edge Pro - ultra-low profile, smooth surface FR-based fulcrum trem. Is great, even better with locking stud upgrade. Ergonomically, miles ahead of OFR, quality is same or better.

Edge Pro II - Edge Pro minus quality minus steel string saddle inserts. Budgety and crappy.

Edge III - modern sweatshop FR clone. Focus on sweatshop, and it's crap.

ZR (Zero Resistance) - a low profile ball-bearing-based floating trem. Not really an FR, but the principle is the same. Oddly great bridge on lower priced Korean S-series.

lol yea i meant to say edge 3 but i said edge pro twice and it got stuck in my head lol
oh well everybody makes mistakes as i said before lol and i was only listing the trems available for the RG
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
I think the Ibanez ZR trems are brilliant. The S series guitars are superb for the price. I was playing one at a guitar center for hours and when I put it down someone else played it and then bought it.
It made me sad :-(

But I didn't have the money to buy it anyway, so I really can't complain :-)
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!
Quote by toxicity33

OMG YOU LEFT OUT LO PRO EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by dertjoe
i much prefer real floyds or kahlers, i tried an ibanez edge pro 2 and i really diddnt like it plus the neck seemed to thin

maybe you didnt test the Edge Pro yet its as pfty said, its the best floyd rose out there. But i still dont get low-profile means? Is it like that its really low then the OFR (meaning like on the OFR..., the fine tuners dont stick out of the guitar or bridge?)
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
the intonation adjusters and string release knob things dont stick out the back on a lo pro..
--
yeah, but this looks cool too [strains voice like child wanting to prove something....]....
--
I was Just looking at an S series, S470DXQM, with a ZR tremelo.

I know its off topic but could I get some thoughts on it?

P.s going to play one tomorrow
F.T.W
The ZR trems uses ball bearings instead of traditional knife edges, so the action is pretty smooth and creamy, it's easy to raise pitch and drop, but the range is not that impressive, maybe 3 semitones max to shift up and perhaps 5 semitones down.

The action is so smooth that you can easily break a string if you are good enough, Just don't lift it and shake it around like I do with my vintage trem that can pull up 3+semitones.

I love those FR with normal profiles and how it juts out, ooh <3
So overall its a nice guitar, tremelo isnt to **** etc?

Cause so far the price is right, and the looks are killer. So now its up to how it sounds.
F.T.W
Yea, it's ibanez, so it should do pretty well, and it's a S series, you can't go wrong, unless you bought it from Chuck Norris..
I put up a bit of a review of S470 in my sig, since it's so popular and all.

A rare person would say they got their S with a defect, but I haven't seen those myself.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!