Page 1 of 3
He owns.

[/thread]

Seriously, Lommis is an awesome guitarist IMO. Love all of his work in Nevermore. The Psalm of Lydia ftw!
I'm gonna be cliche and agree with him. The Psalm of Lydia FTW.

But yeah, Jeff Loomis is one of the best guitarists in recent years.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Loomis kicks ass, and friedman seems to really like him so he must be good.
Quote by A7xownz
o im gonna ban tupperware
A post from the former shred forums favorite mod

Member#10 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join.
^its because of Jeff that Marty found about megadeth auditioning.... lol

the guy who replaced Steve Smyth slays Jeff, im afraid.
Chris Broderick, and he did own Loomis on that video on youtube; mostly because Loomis was playing the same thing over n over. both amazing guitarists tho. i love Born, and This Godless Endeavor, and of course, The Psalm of Lydia. even just that riff. gah. also, The River Dragon Has Come \m/
Quote by Alucard II
Chris Broderick, and he did own Loomis on that video on youtube; mostly because Loomis was playing the same thing over n over. both amazing guitarists tho. i love Born, and This Godless Endeavor, and of course, The Psalm of Lydia. even just that riff. gah. also, The River Dragon Has Come \m/

waaaat. loomis totaly owned him
I don't like him much... Don't like his tone or phrasing.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Loomis is a killer shredder imo also

good stuff like Psalm Of Lydia (of course), but I keep finding myself additcted to that tapping section in Final Product. It's pretty cool
Quote by Shreddin 4 Life
Loomis is a killer shredder imo also

good stuff like Psalm Of Lydia (of course), but I keep finding myself additcted to that tapping section in Final Product. It's pretty cool

The pedal point lick after the tapping is better.

Jeff Loomis is pretty good.
The sweeping in This Godless Endeavour is amazing.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Alucard II

I've heard some of Chris Broderick with Jag Panzer and he's damn good.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Quote by Jakeylee111
The pedal point lick after the tapping is better.

Jeff Loomis is pretty good.
The sweeping in This Godless Endeavour is amazing.

well, the pedal point licks great also, but there's something about the way he uses the wah pedal during the tapping that really gets me going
He is amazing. Go to wikipedia and download the solo that he did when he was 16 that won him a guitar championship. Unbelievable.
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

I love the flamenco ish party in that 16 thing. Though the tone for distortion is horrible on it. I like chris broderick more though, his betcha cant play this thing from GW was awesome.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
Quote by apocalypse13

Am I the only one that thinks this isn't past the bedroom shredder level?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Am I the only one that thinks this isn't past the bedroom shredder level?

well, technically it isn't cuz at the time, he still was right?
Quote by Shreddin 4 Life
well, technically it isn't cuz at the time, he still was right?

Eh, I just think it's pretty crap, to be honest.

Click.
its almost hilarious how you guys so easily talk down playing like this. if you were as good as him why arent you making albums?
im sure as a 16 year old he had 50 grand to spend on equipment
Quote by P4lli
its almost hilarious how you guys so easily talk down playing like this. if you were as good as him why arent you making albums?

Stop being such a ridiculously transparent fanboy.

The only way to get better is to recognise weaknesses both in ourselves and in others. That's our goal. We don't talk down on anything or anyone, we analyse weaknesses, because you can't improve what you don't know.

Get it?

If people like you would think for a second, huh?

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Stop being such a ridiculously transparent fanboy.

The only way to get better is to recognise weaknesses both in ourselves and in others. That's our goal. We don't talk down on anything or anyone, we analyse weaknesses, because you can't improve what you don't know.

Get it?

If people like you would think for a second, huh?

yea im a fan boy analyze weaknesses how do you know what is right? the guy is making music for a reason, and you are well, sitting in the computer chair

you just said it was pure crap. thats not talking down or anything
Yeah ofcourse, I said it was pure crap. Because everybody knows "pretty crap" isn't different from "pure crap".

Good thing I don't make music, dumbass.

How do I know what's right? I don't know what's right do I? Did I say I do? I know what's wrong, though, and that's what I'm pointing out.

Did you actually mean anything by your last post or did you just feel like making yourself look even more ridiculous and affirming the fact that you're a typical fanboy that abandons reason for fanatism?

Get on out of here, learn to read and stop being such a fanboy.

Click.
recognize weakness, you said it yourself. how do you know his weaknesses?
Obviously if his phrasing isn't excellent, that is something that could improve. (aka: A weankess)

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good considering his age. Certainly better than your average 16 year old bedroom shredder.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by apocalypse13
Obviously if his phrasing isn't excellent, that is something that could improve. (aka: A weankess)

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good considering his age. Certainly better than your average 16 year old bedroom shredder.

i understand, but i mean who are we to say someones phrasing isnt excellent
Objective listeners?
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by P4lli
i understand, but i mean who are we to say someones phrasing isnt excellent

I'll say whatever the hell I want to say.

You listen to PersonX that has better phrasing, then you can say PersonY has bad phrasing.
the second solo in this godless endeavor is a mini masterpice and the solo to engine of hate i great.
Page 1 of 3