Decided to mess with doubltracking stuff, and I used my Mark IV and Framus to try it. First time I ever tried doubletracking, so it's not polished or anything. I thought they sounded pretty cool together though, and figured I would post it. Disregard the playing. One track of each amp using my C-7 Hellraiser, GNX4 mic preamp and drum machine, and an SM57.

sorry this is kind of the wrong forum, but it's not really a song or anything, it's just what the 2 amps sound like together, so I figured it's gear related.

http://erock503.dmusic.com last clip on the page labeled "Framus and Mark"
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
thanks bro
yeah, I think they compliment eachother nicely, and you can still pick them out.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
That sounds killer bro. The double tracked clips sound a lot better than your other ones IMO. You should try having one amp panned all the way left and the other right too, that could be neat.
Quote by El Codyo
Great mix, like brothers in awesome sound. I think the Mark IV is kinda dominant, but it still sounds great.

haha, thanks man. I agree, the mark really cuts through any mix. I had to lower the bass a little on the Framus though, because it was clipping my mic and breaking people's speakers, lol.

Quote by electrik
That sounds killer bro. The double tracked clips sound a lot better than your other ones IMO. You should try having one amp panned all the way left and the other right too, that could be neat.

thanks electrik
actually, I'm thinking of trying that. I had the drums on the same track as the Mark IV, but next time I'm going to record the drum track seperate so I can play around. How are you liking your beast btw
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 10, 2006,
It's freakin' awesome. Tight and articulate, but smooth and saturated.

Oh, oh, and to throw around some more meaningless adjectives, it's also very chewy and organic.

funny enough though, chewy is a good way to describe it's playing response, I like that man!
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah it really is. Its one of the first things that came to mind when I played it. I love a chewy tone. You can really feel what you're playing, not like the old 5150 I had.
i'm not one for meaningless adjectives like electrik. Here's my opinion: \m/
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Erock503
haha, thanks man. I agree, the mark really cuts through any mix. I had to lower the bass a little on the Framus though, because it was clipping my mic and breaking people's speakers, lol.

That makes me love the Cobra that much more.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm not one for meaningless adjectives like electrik. Here's my opinion: \m/

My tone is more organic than yours.

I planted an apple tree ontop of my amp.
Quote by electrik
My tone is more organic than yours.

I planted an apple tree ontop of my amp.

no it isn't, and no you didn't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by El Codyo
That makes me love the Cobra that much more.

haha, ask Derek about the first clip I sent him, he thought I was trying to sabotage his speakers, lol.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 11, 2006,
Quote by Erock503
haha, ask Derek about the first clip I sent him, he thought I was trying to sabotage his speakers, lol.

I think I remeber that, was that when he edited the clip?
I think that was Funky that EQ'd the first Framus clip to get some of the bass out. It actually sounded pretty good. With the last clip of both amps together, I made 2 versions. The first one had a lot more bass, and I sent it to Derek to check out. I re-did it because he said it was making his speakers sound like they were going to blow up, lol. The Framus has a ton of bass, I really have to be careful where I set it if I'm trying to record it. It sounds great in my room, and I love the free massage, but it doesn't translate to recordings as well as it sounds in my room. For the clip I first sent Derek, my bass was on about 12:30 , Deep knob at 11:30. The one I have up on Dmusic was with the Bass on the amp turned down to 11:30, Deep the same, and it was still coming close to clipping the mic. I like to crank it up for the recordings though, so that's probably not helping.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Dave_Mc
no it isn't, and no you didn't.

Dave FTW. lol

Im still having problems with too much bottom end coming through when I record my Recto. I dont want to mess with it on my computer or my recorder because then it alters the sound a bit (I think..). Why are V30s so hard to mic?!
I know what you mean Andy, I have a heck of a time finding the sweet spot on my rectifier cab. If I try to eq or use compression with software, it messes with the tone pretty bad. I don't know if it's because I use free Audacity and we need better software, but it never sounds right. It seems like everytime I want to try and record it, I have to mess around for about a half hour just trying to get the mic location right. The best positions I've found, are smashed right up to the grill, and right off the edge of the cone, slightly angled up, like how my ear is hearing it in my room. Another thing I've found, and I don't know if it's my imagination, but try mic'ing different speakers. I've found the sweet spot on mine to be the upper right speaker for some reason. I still haven't gotten a recording of my Mark that I am completely happy with though.
amp clips
amp vids
^ Yeah dude Ill try different speakers. And I dont think a real guitarist is ever satisfied with ANY recording! lol Its always "Aw man I shoulda done this there" or "Damn I shoulda adjusted this like that!".