My friend who lives in San Diego now, broke his collerbone and I wanna send him something. Hes not too good with theory so I wanna know what is the best theory book to send to him? and also is there anyway musiciansfriend could send it to him like saying its from me or something? cause i dont want them to think that they delivered it to the wrong address and send it back.

Thanks
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

LOL way to punish the poor kid by sending him a big fat book of music theory to study :P. On topic though, a nice book is the...Oh man I forgot the name of it..It is a big black book with the circle of fifths drawn out on the front, in red. Giligans Guide to Music Theory? SOmething like that...

This one is nice too, Im going to berklee in two years

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Berklee-Press-Music-Theory-Book-1-BookCD?sku=944230

EDIT: Oh LMAO the book is called Guitar Grimoire. I came close. There are a few of them, check em out.
Last edited by insideac at Aug 10, 2006,
"The Jazz Theory Book" by Mark Levine

If musicians friend doesn't have it try Amazon. You can buy stuff and have it sent as gifts from them too. They'll even gift wrap it for you and include a note.
Quote by insideac
LOL way to punish the poor kid by sending him a big fat book of music theory to study :P. On topic though, a nice book is the...Oh man I forgot the name of it..It is a big black book with the circle of fifths drawn out on the front, in red. Giligans Guide to Music Theory? SOmething like that...

This one is nice too, Im going to berklee in two years

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Berklee-Press-Music-Theory-Book-1-BookCD?sku=944230

EDIT: Oh LMAO the book is called Guitar Grimoire. I came close. There are a few of them, check em out.

what u dont think its a good idea?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

No I never said that. Its a great idea if he loves music and loves to learn. I unfortunately know some kids here that think learning music is uncool and would burn the book before they burned me alive . But besides that, if he is really interested, get teh Guitar Grimoire, with the black and red cover.. It covers arpeggios, circle of fifths, and all sorts of fun stuff.
Master Your Theory by Dulcie Holland i found to be very good. Each book is graded and is in a lesson/workbook format. It may only be available in Australia tho.... im not too sure. anyone else know these books?
Quote by garett
"The Jazz Theory Book" by Mark Levine

If musicians friend doesn't have it try Amazon. You can buy stuff and have it sent as gifts from them too. They'll even gift wrap it for you and include a note.

+1 from me, and +500 from the other MT guys
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje