Yea...i was rather bored and had a lot of free time on my hands, so i decided to learn some songs that i liked from games that i liked. Most of it i learned by ear but i think there is one song i found sheet music for. But whatever, listen and enjoy, and tell me what you think.
Twas my first shot at recording piano (yea...almost forgot to mention, this stuff is not guitar), and i did it with my SM58 ..hence the mediocre quality at best. If anyone has any advice i'd certainly love to hear it..as always, crit for crit.

Super Mario and Legend of Zelda
It's all the way at the bottom. Thanks in advance, and don't forget to leave a link for me.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Last edited by Piltdown at Aug 10, 2006,
wow, it's like island beat meets ragtime, holy crap love the fast run around 2:30. reminded me of those good old days when I was 10 and playing super mario bros and zelda on super nintendo

I don't know enough about the piano to comment technically, i noticed a couple of slowdowns, but you're bound to in a 8 minute long continuous piece but by ear it was very interesting with lots of changes in mood/feel, well timed, well paced and arranged great stuff
I like it, but one comment I have is that you should incorporate a sort of bass in that, i dunno, i mean lower than that i guess, but thats just an opinion.

And the Zelda one is pretty cool too.

Thanks for the crit also.
Wow, the second part brought me straight back to that level in Mario 3 where the sun comes down on you. I really enjoyed that.
This Is The Art Of Ruin
Ruin

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I play because the secret reptilian, alien empire requires it of me. I guess you could say it's "protocol."

Quote by Dirk Gently
icksnay on the ecretsay eptiliansray
I You. lol.

This is wonderful! Nothing is as soothing as a piano.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Mario sounds awesome! Spot on. No way I can even critize it except have the recording a little louder. Zelda was great too, for some reason I didn't find it as good as Mario, but it was also very well done. Great job.

crit mine if you got time:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417438 or http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417506 or both if you don't mind, theyre both quite short
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
That was fun to listen to.
Though you kept playing one note wrong in the zelda theme
This is fantastic. I'd really like to learn piano one day.

I loved this. There were a few minor mistakes, but this is too awesome not to deserve a 10.

10/10
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Very nice. You rock.
Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers' (Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or guitar_man_guy to join!

Member Number Three Of The:
"...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join!
A wrong note eh? Well, i'd probably be more upset than this, but that song is..well, incredibly hard. One wrong note in that song i can totally deal with
Thanks for all the positives everybody...really appreciate it
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.