I summon the power of UG, to aid me in times of dire, when I am trapped in the pillars of hell, to HELP ME SELECT A GUITAR!

Alright, change of plans boys, help me choose a guitar with the following characteristics:

-Unsually Radically shaped Body

-Maho

-Thin neck

-FR Speedloader (because I frequently detune and I need that trem stopper etc)*

-Good built in EMG pickups**

-Absolute tip top price is 700 USD, but I prefer not to go through that.

I play tons of shred metal, metal, metal, heavy metal, heavy metal, a bit of metalcore and tons of shred.

Iron Maiden, SOAD, SOAD, SOAD, Ozzy stuff, Black Sabbath, Trivium, A7X, Dragonforce.

*It is perfectly fine too if it comes with another good FR trem and if it's cheaper than the speedloader, I can buy a tremol-no so I can detune easily.

**Other good metal pickups are fine too.
Parker Fly Mojo?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

^^^ are you serious, I didnt think of you ever suggesting that......
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yeah...you did, but thats quite a tough one, there is one ibanez, ill just go and find the name....
--
^ A little over his budget unfortunately but that is indeed a GREAT guitar..
yeah iguess i was looking at the price in pounds and thinking maybe itd be diff in dollarss.. (ie cheaper) apparantly not
--
ts you know what the point of the speedloader is? and if you are going to be frequently changing tunings i seriously wouldnt bother with a trem even if it has a tremol-no or not its just too much of a pain in the ass?
Dude, that's one helluva expensive guitar!

Well speedloader eliminates the pain for changing strings, and basically eliminates most of othe FRs disadvantages.

Well really, I can't decide on which tuning to stay on because I am crazy like that.
I can go from Drop C, to Drop D to Standard, changes all the time, garrrn.
Quote by Invictious
Dude, that's one helluva expensive guitar!

Well speedloader eliminates the pain for changing strings, and basically eliminates most of othe FRs disadvantages.

Well really, I can't decide on which tuning to stay on because I am crazy like that.
I can go from Drop C, to Drop D to Standard, changes all the time, garrrn.

yes but since the strings are premade to a certain tuning you obviously wont be able to change tunings that large at all. the strings are made precisely to a tuning with an 8th of just perfect. so yeh no point in owning a speedloader if your going to change tuning all the time
Quote by Invictious
ok, scrap that, how about no trem?

yeh but your missing out on all the cool stuff you can do with a trem. the only reasonable option you can do here is to win the lotto and buy plenty of guitars with OFR for different tunings
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh but your missing out on all the cool stuff you can do with a trem. the only reasonable option you can do here is to win the lotto and buy plenty of guitars with OFR for different tunings

Screw you phil :p

Really I am undecided between a trem or no trem, because I like to detune, and I like to incorporate trem, so unless I get like 20 guitars...
I gues I will go for hardtail

-Unsually Radically shaped Body

-Maho

-Thin neck

-Good built in EMG pickups**

-Absolute tip top price is 700 USD, but I prefer not to go through that.

I play tons of shred metal, metal, metal, heavy metal, heavy metal, a bit of metalcore and tons of shred.

Iron Maiden, SOAD, SOAD, SOAD, Ozzy stuff, Black Sabbath, Trivium, A7X, Dragonforce.

**Other good metal pickups are fine too.
man that sucks balls aye. well can use one guitar with a trem for a tuning that you use the most. then use another guitar for different tunings
Man, i'd say any ESP LTD or Ibanez in your price range ... apart from the point about an unusually radical body. hmm.

well there's the ESP LTD AX - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-AX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512022. I quite like it's shape, not too radical but pretty modern, i get the feeling it's a design that could very well become an ESP classic if it got more airtime.

Re: the radical body thing - it kinda looks tryhardish at times, like it takes away from your tough metal image if you have an overboard guitar, like i dunno, it can just look funny and comical sometimes. if you're huge and muscly and have a goatee then i suppose it'd look cool, but otherwise the guitar doesn't add to your style but can rather detract.

Have a look at the AX dude, it's not bad at all and i think it ticks every box except the trem box.
Marty
ya get the LTD AX then buy a Digitech Whammy problem solved
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Ok, you have no choice, you are getting the schecter hellraiser avenger, it meets all the criteria for about 100 bucks less at least of your budget.
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya get the LTD AX then buy a Digitech Whammy problem solved

cough*bull*****cough do some research a Digitech Whammy will never ever ever ever ever be able to replicate the true function of a Floyd Rose bridge
ya i know that it wont do it perfect but its better than wanting a trem and getting a guitar without one then wishing you had some way to manipulate the tunning bam a Whammy helps a little bit
Quote by azn_guitarist25
man that sucks balls aye. well can use one guitar with a trem for a tuning that you use the most. then use another guitar for different tunings

That means getting 3 guitars, one for standard, 1 for drop d, 1 for drop c.

Well I thought of the Hellraiser, but the shape is strat shaped, although it does have a pretty finish on it

Now there is the dilemma, that's why I summon the powers of UG, hopefulyl it will aid me through this difficult time.
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya i know that it wont do it perfect but its better than wanting a trem and getting a guitar without one then wishing you had some way to manipulate the tunning bam a Whammy helps a little bit

well you know what the problem with the Whammy is that you can only use one function at a time unless you bend down and change it you can only keep it on one function.
ya you just need four or five whammys thats all then it will be funny to watch you wobble around as you play with two ro three at a time lol
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya you just need four or five whammys thats all then it will be funny to watch you wobble around as you play with two ro three at a time lol

actually more like 6 and get the singer and bassist involved as well.
so you're not into the ESP LTD AX 400 at all? i thought it was a pretty sweet guitar.

um i dunno about floyds and whammy bars, some ppl love em, some ppl love the idea of them but never use them, and some ppl hate them. Its a cool thing to have if you're soloing and want to have something to replace vibrato at times, or add some character here and there, but if you're a rythm kinda guy don't even bother imo.

ESP LTD AX is still my recommendation at this point until you can tell me what you don't like about it. Schecter also pretty awesome but yer that strat shape is used and abused.
Marty
Invictious, thats why the answer is obviously the hellraiser AVENGER, same guitar with a crazy but awesome looking body.
Quote by 1fine69
Invictious, thats why the answer is obviously the hellraiser AVENGER, same guitar with a crazy but awesome looking body.

yer it looks alright, kinda like a strat body that's melted, almost mocking bird style but not quite (which is good cause i'm not a mockingbird fan). schecter guitars still haven't impressed me with their creativity but apparently they make a hell of a guitar for a budget.
Marty
I like the ESP LTD AX, I think I will go with no trem, and for my other guitar, it will have a trem.

I guess I will go for the hellraiser when shredding with trem, otherwise, it's ESP.

THANKS GUYS!

I rest my powers.
They may not be the most creative (its hard to make creative looking guitars without making ugly guitars these days) but you can't deny that they are beautiful looking, playing, and sounding for great prices and thats hard to find.
I am not taking a trem, I am taking one later when I can afford a good one, right now I am just getting one for uber metal.

Thanks for all your help, guys.
hey why dont you get a setsbar trem it should work very well and you can change tunning
Thanks seltzer for that, it has nice accessories, but 22 frets

I don't know how well the stetsbar does, in fact, I know nothing much about it, how does it compare to a floyd rose?