Im thinkin about talkin to Yari about a new guitar and when i asked the local guitar shop how to go about doing that he said before i even call i should have all the details as to what i want. so. where could i get some pictures or "ideas" on like the body. . .the neck. . . . little designes here and there. . . .jsut eveything i could ever want to know ABOUT the guitar.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
What i would do, is jsut go to your local guitar shop and try everything! Figure out what kinda of woods you want, the body shape, neck shapes, electronics (yes or no?), if you want a finish, then the rest of the details are really up to you. Im pretty sure if it was custom you could put any inlays on it you wanted. Just my two cents

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
i know the wood i want, but im bored, its late, gf is asleep and i was jsut wondering if trhere were any places i could view inlays and body shapes and all those goodies from my computer, the guitar shop is closed. it almost 11. bored.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
you can do anything with inlay, just look at a first act guitar, then compare it to the martin d100
Just go to goolgle and searh like martin guitars, taylor guitars, all those companies, go into their site and they normally have good pics and descriptions and all that. As for inlays, your on your own.

cheers

Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
i think guitars with no inlays look really cool. maybe its just me
PM me for
You're really not gonna be able to check out woods and your tone from the net. Wait till tomorrow, my friend.
Quote by nmelluzzo
vine of life, get it

/thread

This place seems to have a good collection of inlay styles. I personally LOVE the fleur de lis design.

You could try Warmoth for guitar shapes, or just find stuff on ebay and google to get an idea of what you want. If I ever got to buy a custom guitar, i'd go with the Goya Rangemaster body, but thats just me....

Picture of Goya Rangemaster:

Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.