I currently play guitar, and I've been getting more interested in taking up bass lately. I've gotta sell a few amps and trade down for a smaller one so I'll have $300 (US) or so, plus maybe a little more, to spend on a bass and amp. I'm thinking I'll need to spend around $400 to get something decent, but as always, the cheaper the better hehe

So, what's your advice? First bass and amp -- what do I buy? I'll be living in an apartment soon so a small amp is actually preferred, headphone jack is nearly a requirement
^thats actually what i was going to say... it pretty much fits your requirements... my friend had a squire guitar pack and he stuck with it for a year and a half, and i also played it a million times when i was at his house, and it was decent, the only problem was the action, but since that was a guitar pack maybe the bass pack is the same thing
Actually, my first guitar/amp was one of those fender squier combo packs, but it didn't impress me all that much. And although the case is probably a necessity, cables and tuners and stuff aren't really. But yeah, it is solidly in the price range

So maybe I should adjust my price range to really be $300ish for a bass and $100ish for an amp or something...
Last edited by mesadude at Aug 11, 2006,
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
While I'm asking questions...should I try to restrict first-bass choices to 4-strings, or are 5-strings alright too?