is bending on the first fret hard for anyone else
The Whale Of Woe of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
is there any thing can do ti the strings to help with the bending?
The Whale Of Woe of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
It is hard, but with enough practise, you may be able to bend at the first fret of a low B on a 5-string bass.

EDIT: you can tune the guitar down a half step. Or get a lighter guage of strings. Or you can just keep trying.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
at the first fret, i would play the fret with my ring finger then bend the bit of the string that excedes the nut to the tuning keys.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
When it comes to Bending, you need to support your bend wiht other fingers. This gives you not only more control but the ability to apply less pressure on both fingers. Bendining takes time to master, and Bending to pitch even longer. Just do some simple Bending exercises. My fave for this is the major scale, but whenever there is a ahalf step, you bend to that note instead of fretting it.

But of course bending where the string is more taut is harder. I would've thought that was obvious..

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
if you really need a bend on an E# (or is it F?) then you'd be best off getting a 5 string with a B and bending on the 6th
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The first fret is hard to bend because there is so little slack, I assume. Light gauge strings or down tuning, as previously mentioned, are the ways to go.
The Space Farmer and Co-Founding Bastardo of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Quote by IndieMetalhead
if you really need a bend on an E# (or is it F?) then you'd be best off getting a 5 string with a B and bending on the 6th

It's an F
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
It's cos the string is held tight by the nut so there's not a lot you can bend. Lighter gauge strings would make things easier for the time being but it's about building up the strength really. Maybe you wanna try one of those gripmaster things, they're supposed to help strengthen your fingers, though I've never tried it myself.