I was reading a lesson on triads and i understand the formulas but how do you make the notes in to a chord

For Example:
A major triad is a Root, Major Third, and Perfect Fifth
in c the notes are C E and G

now how do you play that as a chord could somebody please help me (write the chord in tab please)
you probably already are doing it mate-eg d majorchord-D f sharp and a notes in the triad-you play that with an additional open d string right?. Most chords on any instrument just repeat the same notes over different octaves eg open e major chord-triad notes-e gsharp and b

0-E
0-B
1-Gsharp
2-E
2-B
0-E

On a piano you could play an Emajor chord with 10 fingers but it would still only contain the 3 notes in the triad.
that's a C chord... don't mean to be douchy, but learn some chords

edit: haha ya'll are fast o_0
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
Last edited by Shooshooky at Aug 11, 2006,
you can literally take any fingering of those three notes, and it's an C major chord. there are some standard ones, but i'll clear something up for you right now:

there can be more than one of ANY of those notes in the chord fingering, as long as there is at LEAST one of each. a normal C major grip would be:

e|-----------------------
b|--1--------------------
g|--0---------------------
d|--2---------------------
a|--3---------------------
E|-----------------------

that chord contains a C (3rd fret on the a-string), an E (2nd fret d-string), a G (open string), and another C (1st fret b-string)

hope that helps
Quote by DevilsIsland
im explaining the concept of triads-dont mean to be douchy whatever that means

haha, i was replying to the first post, by the time i hit submit there was a bunch ahead of mine, guess i should quote more often
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!