Does removing the back plate (where the springs are) of the guitar have any effect whatsoever?
I just came back from a Dragonforce show (****ing amazing by the way.) and Herman Li didnt have a back plate on his Ibanez. Is it for some special reason or did he just happen to loose the back plate?
Brazillian Thrash Massacre
Some people leave it off because they have to take it off a lot. If someone has a floyd rose they might adjust the strings quite a bit, so they would just leavea the back plate off
i leave the back plate off on one of my strats, cause you have to take it off when you change strings. that's for strats though, dunno bout ibanez
yup yup, don't think it would affect anything, it jstu protects the springs and on junky guitars gets in the way of the string holes, they don't in any of mine, but my friends got a junky guitar and thee back plate holes are waaaay missaligned with the string holes
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
It gives it more of an open sound, you have to have a real ear for tone to tell though.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
aww damn, i thought it would give my guitar super sustaining powers from hell or something. or make me shred like herman. oh well.
Brazillian Thrash Massacre
Well I leave my backplate off my crap strat knockoff.

Well another reason I do that is because I just keep getting a boner when I play guitar standing up and well, there is a cavity there..
^^ You must have a pretty small dick if it fits in that tiny cavity.................................

Jks man.
F.T.W
Well at least it doesn't press against the back of the guitar, it hurts and the guitar actually moves a few inches away from my body..
Quote by shorter_rocker
Some people leave it off because they have to take it off a lot. If someone has a floyd rose they might adjust the strings quite a bit, so they would just leavea the back plate off

Although I find that in my RG I can adjust the springs without having to take ther backplate off because theres a big enough gap to put the screwdriver through..
i leave mine off because it usually digs into my body but then again the plate for my guitar sits on the body
Man my lead guitarists leaves his plate off and anytime i play his guitar i fear one of the springs is gonna pop off and rip my testicles off
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
Man my lead guitarists leaves his plate off and anytime i play his guitar i fear one of the springs is gonna pop off and rip my testicles off

lol trust me it wont happen in all my years ive played without a back plate and with all the trem abuse i do, it hasnt happened yet
thats goo dto know but if ti does happen im coming after you and i know where you live in Perth that maybe like 12,000 miles away bnut ill get there lol
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by azn_guitarist25
lol trust me it wont happen in all my years ive played without a back plate and with all the trem abuse i do, it hasnt happened yet

Think you abuse it more than I do to my vintage trem?

I do tricks that even people with a tip top floyd rose owners fear doing.

Mwahahahah

Give me a guitar with a trem and it's going to suffer like hell.
Quote by Invictious
Think you abuse it more than I do to my vintage trem?

I do tricks that even people with a tip top floyd rose owners fear doing.

Mwahahahah

Give me a guitar with a trem and it's going to suffer like hell.

and exactly what do you do? betcha its not as crazy as what SRV did
There are more extreme moves that I occasionally do, one such is lifting the guitar with the whammy bar, lift it up, and really shake it like a friggin retard, I mean really shaking it like there is no tomorrow, I shake it so hard, that even milk turns into milkshake!