What are somethings you think I'll defently need to know? All tips and advice is welcome, thank you in advance.
Know the merchandise like the back of your hand.

It'll probably be decided on your salesmanship rather than knowledge of the product. Any geek can know stuff, but that won't move guitars off the shelves.

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
Know the merchandise like the back of your hand.

It'll probably be decided on your salesmanship rather than knowledge of the product. Any geek can know stuff, but that won't move guitars off the shelves.

-SD

Exactly. Be charismatic and friendly, smile, ask questions, etc.
like if a kid is shreading, be like "thats pretty good." "here,let me set you up with a marshall tube full stack.(the best marshall) and be like "damn your good on that." "you should look into getting a marshall because you sound good with them" and then a year later he buys it. the littlest things can add up. so remember little things.
Quote by Metalord`
like if a kid is shreading, be like "thats pretty good." "here,let me set you up with a marshall tube full stack.(the best marshall) and be like "damn your good on that." "you should look into getting a marshall because you sound good with them" and then a year later he buys it. the littlest things can add up. so remember little things.

That isn't going to help in an interview situation.
Hahahahahaha agreed.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Be charismatic, of course, but definitely know guitars. Knowing how to explain different tone woods, pickups, bolt-on vs. neck-thru, stuff like that will help.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I had it moved to Monday morning. So it's this morning! Any quick tips about basic information about guitars/amps etc will help! This is my second interview the first one they asked me stuff like
What's the difference between a tube and solid state amp?
What's the difference between single coil and Humbucking pick ups?
What's the difference between a lam top (I think that's what he said) and some other type of top.
What's the difference between a Chromatic tuner and non-Chromatic tuner?

I found the answer for the pick up question and a pretty decent answer for the tube/solid state answer. The other two I need help with.

Any other information you think I should know please feel free to post!
Thanks in advance!!
I would like those questions answered too... I think tube amps generally sound better than solids, but i might be wrong. Its just that i always see my dad fiddling with his Hifi system with tubes...

hmmm... I think with a chromatic tuner you tune to a note, while with a non chromatic tuner you just tune until something tells you the notes in tune...im not sure.
Start shredding in front of the interviewer, then get an acoustic and start strumming it with your wang.

Punk died with Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.

k guys i play real metal like atreyu and stuff
Doesnt chromatic tuners tune to an octave?
Cort M800 - £320
Cort MR780FX - £220
Thanks for all the advice, I got the job! I guess I really impressed the guy.
Thanks again.
Cool, now you can get all of us discounts. Right?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
What do the sales guys get paid there? I'm thinking about leaving my boring ass software consulting job and becoming a guitar salesman... haha
Martin D-15 || Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black w/ Gold HW)
Ibanez RG320 (Dark Silver) || Digitech RP50 || Mbox2 || Yamaha HS50M's
Ibanez Smash Box || Danelectro Danecho || Modded Crybaby
Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube
And More!...
How much are you paid starting?

How many hours are required a week?

I was thinking about working there if I could get the job.
Well I learn all that stuff on Wednesday I'm pretty sure. I'll tell you once I find out, thanks again!
I think you have to be 18 or older to be a sales person, to sign the contract or something?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

18? Oh crap... no job for me yet. And that would be exactly what I want. I mean, thats the minimum wage job for me. Balls.