I've got the japanese version of the dd-3 which i've read on HC is a little nicer than the taiwanese version. but how would these 2 compare in terms of tone? i can't really sample the ehx unless i go to one of the larger guitar shops, and i really can't stand being in those places. and my little indie-shop doesn't have it. so i'm relying on your expertise.

also, my current delay is completely spastic when run before the amp. i can't even explain it. just truly eff'ed up. tube amp btw (boogie 50 cal). worked just fine with my SS amp (gk 250ml). but when in the effects loop it works fine. what's that about? and will an analog delay be eff'ed up before the amp as well? i heard you can't put the deluxe in the effects loop becuase it has a gain in it? what's that about?

also, i've heard of people using 2 delays at once. what's that about?

thanks
Last edited by sethp at Aug 11, 2006,
delay pedals are better suited in the effects loop.
two delay's can be used for just another effect.
If you want longer delays get the DD-3, how ever they tend to be cold sounding. If you want shorter delays get the Memory Man, they tend to be warm sounding. Its really your preferance. However if you're gonna get a DD-3 go with the Ibanez digital delay, I forget what its called but its in their 7 series and its silver. Its cheaper and much better.
Quote by thebrewfan
If you want longer delays get the DD-3, how ever they tend to be cold sounding. If you want shorter delays get the Memory Man, they tend to be warm sounding. Its really your preferance. However if you're gonna get a DD-3 go with the Ibanez digital delay, I forget what its called but its in their 7 series and its silver. Its cheaper and much better.

i already have the dd-3 old japanese version which i've read sounds a little better than the taiwanese version. I NEVER have a need to go up to 900ms. i figure now that i have a tube amp i can kind of tell that the repeats just sound a little "different" than the starter. i'm wondering how much better an analog delay would sound. and from the specs the ehx deluxe looks like it would fit my desires. and zzounds has a rather descent deal going. I'm certainly not going to spend more than their $210 sale price for a delay

also, is the original signal digitized, or is it just the repeat signals that are digitized
GAAAAHHH!

i just double checked. i DO have the taiwan model. so what would you suggest, sell this one (my esti-guess: $65) and get the deluxe memory man ($210, for a final sum of $145), or send it in to keeley for his mod ($100)?
Quote by sethp
GAAAAHHH!

i just double checked. i DO have the taiwan model. so what would you suggest, sell this one (my esti-guess: $65) and get the deluxe memory man ($210, for a final sum of $145), or send it in to keeley for his mod ($100)?

I'm for the the MM, I've got it and I'm in love with it. It has a chorus on it too so you can blend a little bit in with the delay and it sounds so smoothe. Don't dial in too much or it starts to bend your pitch.