Page 3 of 336
I'm new to the UG forums, but I'm definitely not new to John Frusciante. When I was 9, I heard my first Chili Peppers song (Californication), and the minute I heard the opening notes of the song, I was hooked. Now, 6 years later, John is my main musical influence. I was so moved by John that I decided to play guitar. I own every Frusciante (and RHCP) album, and I'm really looking forward to that new JF album that's supposedly coming out this year.

...It's actually not very hard to tell that I'm a fan of John's. I mean, look at my username and avatar.
"Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion....between supposed lovers, between supposed brothers." - Tool, "Schism"
Quote by RyanInChains9
i have only heard a couple of his solo songs and i was wondering if someone could either post or PM me suggestions of some of his CD's with the name and like overall mood of the album example (album A-mellow) stuff like that. thanks!

I second this. It would be very helpful. Thank you.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
if someone could post those i would love you forever heh...looking at grabbing a couple new CDs this week and figured i would grab one or two of his soo if you guys have any spare time it would be greatly appreciated!
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
well i give you suggestions about the cds of his that i own...

to start off suggest:

Curtains- its an all acoustic cd with some awsome effects and beautiful harmonies, this is probably his most accesible cd imo.

Inside of Emptiness- Has more of a harder rock edge to it with some amazing singing and again some amazing harmonies

DC ep- it was recorded in washington dc by ian mckaye and has much of the same sort of sounds as inside of emptiness, i like this ep a lot

The Will To Death- this one has to me the perfect blend of mellow tunes with some edgier tunes thrown in along with a few amazing piano songs, also theres alot of great guitar playing in this album

A Sphere In The Heart Of Silence- this cd is more of a keyboard and piano based cd which he made with the help of josh klinghoffer... to be honest i havnt listened to this cd very much becuase it's a lot harder for me to get into it, the few songs that i have listened to from this cd though have been amazing...

Niandra Lades And Usually Just A T-Shirt- this album was johns first solo cd(i think) and it was made back in the days of his drug ussage and it definitly shows on this album, there are a lot of songs that just dont seem to make any sense, then theres a few that are just funny like "your pussys glued to a building on fire"... overall the album has a very strange yet beautiful feel to it, i really enjoy it but i can tell it wouldnt be for everyone...

also if anyone wants to get some free john frusciante albums, you can go to johnfrusciante.com and he has a few albums up there for fans to download like a acoustic version of shadows collide with people and then a lot of demos of songs that he has done...
John Frusciante in every way
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^ I agree ^

It's the most easily accessible of all his albums IMO.
^Hey Fronk! I was reading guitarist magazine on holiday (Majorca) and spotted your add in the back! How strange!

I love John Frusciante, hopefully he feels the same way about me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Hey Fronk! I was reading guitarist magazine on holiday (Majorca) and spotted your add in the back! How strange!

I love John Frusciante, hopefully he feels the same way about me.

thats crazy.
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
have many of you heard smile form the streets you hold?...........i payed nearer £40 for it but its really worth it if you're into Niandra lades......some really trippy stuff. I adore john's performances of emily by simon and garfunkel, how deep is your love - Beegee's........it was emotional when he played Emily at portman road......
^I love when he plays Emily, so beautiful!

He played Syd Baratts "Golden Hair" when I went to see him, t'was good.
Don't be afraid to care"

^ yea i was there with my girlfriend, who is actually called Emily strangely enough.......it was romantic but in an extremely cheesy cliche sorta way lol
I just got Shadows Collide with People and it friggin' rocks

Thanks for the reccomendation
Sent from my iPad.
Time Is Nothing. Absolutley beautiful. My favorite ATM, along with Omission.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^I love when he plays Emily, so beautiful!

He played Syd Baratts "Golden Hair" when I went to see him, t'was good.

ive seen a video of him covering jugband blues, shiet camera quailty and the audio quality isnt that great either
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
^Yea I saw that too, on youtube?

I managed to convert a friend to Fruscianteism.
Don't be afraid to care"

So have I. I've turned one of my extremely hxc friends onto that beautiful man we call Frusciante as well.

I've heard he's coming out with a new album this year. Is that true or just rumor?
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Yea I saw that too, on youtube?

I managed to convert a friend to Fruscianteism.

i know the threadstarter from school, we're friends and all that, hes the one who converted me to fruscianteism, im glad he did too

Quote by BloodSugarMegan
So have I. I've turned one of my extremely hxc friends onto that beautiful man we call Frusciante as well.

I've heard he's coming out with a new album this year. Is that true or just rumor?

I would have thought that'd be a roumor, because he'd have absolutely no time to record it all and produce it and so on, and he said he was stopping the solo stuff for a while for the new album/touring.
....But I really hope he does bring another out.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by BloodSugarMegan
along with Omission.

Love that song.

My all time favourite is chances though
Quote by BloodSugarMegan

i havent heard anyhting about a new solo album, but a new ataxia album is in the works
right now
Quote by 159876432
i havent heard anyhting about a new solo album, but a new ataxia album is in the works
right now

Ah sweet, i loved the original ataxia album, some of the tracks really reminded me of mars volta/progressive in general kinda way
Could someone tell me what type/types of guitar he usually uses. I'm planning on buying a new one, all I have is a little Squire Strat. Thanks
he generally uses a 62 sunburst strat

^Which go for over $30,000 so get a reissue or something if you wanna have a similar guitar as Fru.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
^Which go for over $30,000 so get a reissue or something if you wanna have a similar guitar as Fru.

ive seen some actual 60's guitars go for 300-800 dollars on ebay, and they showed you the serial in the neck, but man, his guitar is amazing

Does anybody have Smile From the Streets You Hold?

Jeez. I downloaded a couple songs from it last night and I can't listen to them. I can barely listen to Niandra Lades. My Smile Is A Rifle is quite possibly the most depressing song I have ever heard.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
I downloaded them a while ago, and just deleted them because (at the time) I just thought it was utter crap.

I might get it again soon, Niandra LaDes is an amazing album. Depressing as hell, but simply beautiful.
Quote by BloodSugarMegan
Does anybody have Smile From the Streets You Hold?

Jeez. I downloaded a couple songs from it last night and I can't listen to them. I can barely listen to Niandra Lades. My Smile Is A Rifle is quite possibly the most depressing song I have ever heard.

They're wierd but beautiful songs at the same time, John's voice sounds screwed up tho.
Don't be afraid to care"

oh man, i could win chili's tickets with this station our big city near us is holding and i got through tonight on the line but it wasnt the song of the day (what you need to win) damn. oh well, try tommorow i guess

Quote by R_H_C_P
He played Syd Barrett's "Golden Hair" when I went to see him, t'was good.

Ohhhh! I wish there was a youtube of that!
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
There is! Search it!
Don't be afraid to care"

come on you guys, were dying here

anyway

i searched that syd barrett cover, wow, done very well

Quote by R_H_C_P
There is! Search it!

Ok, I did. Settle down there slappy.

Call me a noob. I am usually one of the ones yelling Search it. Hehe
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
what solo album of his should i get next? ive only got shadows collide with people