Page 5 of 336
Quote by Ace88
Dear christ it saddens me to think of how ignorant you Frusciante lovers are.

He's incredibly overrated.

So does that mean he isn't talented? I have never understood the term "overrated". It is all relative. I don't listen to hype, I listen to music. I enjoy his playing. How other people feel about him is arbitrary.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by Ace88

Tut tut.

Maybe he is, it doesn't stop me absolutely worshipping him does it? I don't care what other people think about him as long as I like him.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Ace88

What of his solo material have you heard? It's not complex, but fantastic music.

Also, stop trying to say things that make yourself sound clever. You're only trying to prove it to yourself and you're failing at that too.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
What of his solo material have you heard? It's not complex, but fantastic music.

Also, stop trying to say things that make yourself sound clever. You're only trying to prove it to yourself and you're failing at that too.

2nd'd

all the previous posts, 2nd'd actually
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
we are oficially a hot thread , mostly thanks to me keeping it alive though lawl

Quote by sebastian_96
Yiew mad I love John....does anyone know why his solo career isnt as famous as his Chili Pepper career I think he is very talented and deserves alot more recognision as a solo artist aswell!
And is it just me or is one of the few 'gifted' human males that can get there voice to go so high pithced but still sound good and 'manly'...I think its a beautiful gift.

I'm a big fan of the RHCP and I am like john but i dont think that hes solo career is so good..... without flea chad and antony he is not so good........ I think he should stay in red hot and not continue with hes career solo untill red hot will seperate...... and red hot doesen't seperate so soon....... =]
Quote by yogev
I'm a big fan of the RHCP and I am like john but i dont think that hes solo career is so good..... without flea chad and antony he is not so good........ I think he should stay in red hot and not continue with hes career solo untill red hot will seperate...... and red hot doesen't seperate so soon....... =]

I love his solo stuff

Hes a great song writer, and IMO his solo stuff is underrated.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^Right on.

Once you've listened to his solo stuff quite a bit, you really start to appreciate how damn amazing it all is.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by yogev
Just out of interest, what do you think is wrong with it????

And what stuff have you heard?
Quote by yogev

and where did you learn your grammer? was you english teacher on crack? and he wasnt quitting rhcp, his solo work is a side project.

on a different note i find a lot of side projects are different from the bands they began with (ie city and color and alexisonfire, angels and airwaves and blink 182, john frusciante and rhcp.)
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Quote by Conky420
we are oficially a hot thread , mostly thanks to me keeping it alive though lawl

and now that the thread is going good dont spam so much. and i only recall you "keeping it alive" around 3 times. lol peace ev.
okay jeff, i will try to calm down with the spamming haha

Aren't John's high vocals on Cut Out just unbelievable?
(On the "Never knowing who you are" bit)
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by yogev

Dear god I wanna slap your English teacher. But I respect your opinion and John is not leaving the band at all. If you don't like his solo career, that's fine by me.
Sent from my iPad.
Hey, unobservant ones, Yogev seems as if he is speaking english as a second language. And I'm guessing his english is better than your Yogevenese.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by paintITblack39
Dear god I wanna slap your English teacher. But I respect your opinion and John is not leaving the band at all. If you don't like his solo career, that's fine by me.

I want to kill my english teacher too...... i really don't know english....... lol
Quote by yogev
I want to kill my english teacher too...... i really don't know english....... lol

I'm from Israel!!!! how do i need to know english so good as you?!
Quote by R_H_C_P
Aren't John's high vocals on Cut Out just unbelievable?
(On the "Never knowing who you are" bit)

i was listening to that song as i opened this thread, i love that song

one of his greatest uses of slide guitar

is it just me or is everyone sick of people bagging out john saying things like hes only good at rythm and can't do very good lead. They obvouisly have never heard him live i mean look at his lead on slane.
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Quote by BloodSugarMegan
So, has anyone ever seen a solo John show?

I really wish.
Quote by rhcp_fan2210
is it just me or is everyone sick of people bagging out john saying things like hes only good at rythm and can't do very good lead. They obvouisly have never heard him live i mean look at his lead on slane.

john's lead stuff is alright. I found that i was less and less impressed with it when i stopped listening to commercial music. There are plenty of guys out there that are more skilled and talented. John is an ok rhythm player and an ok lead player. He isnt very clean when it comes to anything so I'm not super impressed, but i do love thier live perfomance and music. The Chili Peppers (aside from chad, who is a human metronome) arent very clean musicians, but I think thats why they are so enjoyable. Because they play what they feel, even if it is a little sloppy every now and then.
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
Quote by Felas_kevin
john's lead stuff is alright. I found that i was less and less impressed with it when i stopped listening to commercial music. There are plenty of guys out there that are more skilled and talented. John is an ok rhythm player and an ok lead player. He isnt very clean when it comes to anything so I'm not super impressed, but i do love thier live perfomance and music. The Chili Peppers (aside from chad, who is a human metronome) arent very clean musicians, but I think thats why they are so enjoyable. Because they play what they feel, even if it is a little sloppy every now and then.

are we listening to the same guy? there not sloppy at all its called improvising
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
Peavey JSX combo
A.G.E > grunge
Quote by BloodSugarMegan
So, has anyone ever seen a solo John show?

i think he only does shows around the area where he lives, i dont think he tours as a solo act. key words in that are "i think".
omgz its a double post! but what songs can people hear play of frusciante's (or rhcp frusciante days)? i can play under the bridge, dani california, tell me baby, and im working on going inside (jfroo solo).
Quote by rhcp_fan2210
are we listening to the same guy? there not sloppy at all its called improvising

john certainly is a sloppy player...its nothing to do with improvising, people can improvise and it not be sloppy....

but thats the thing that makes him great....its just his style, john wouldnt be john without that aspect to his playing...and the music he plays wouldnt be the same....
Quote by quinny1089
john certainly is a sloppy player...its nothing to do with improvising, people can improvise and it not be sloppy....

but thats the thing that makes him great....its just his style, john wouldnt be john without that aspect to his playing...and the music he plays wouldnt be the same....

my thoughts exactly. there are plenty of people who improv and are super clean, but not john.
Its better to regret the things you did, rather than the things you didnt do.
Quote by Felas_kevin
my thoughts exactly. there are plenty of people who improv and are super clean, but not john.

so your saying its better when a person is sloppy?
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
Peavey JSX combo
A.G.E > grunge
Is his solo stuff good cause I gotta check it out. Is it like mellow stuff or kinda funky stuff like RHCP
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
i like john's style- when i went to see rhcp live, he improvised the solos and the ones especially in dani calfiornia and cant stop were VERY good.

rhcp put on a great live show btw
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^ My dad saw them and said they SUCKED. But that was 13 something years ago and I bet they are better now live. Still RHCP own
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
Is his solo stuff good cause I gotta check it out. Is it like mellow stuff or kinda funky stuff like RHCP

Given thoses two categories, I would say mellow. But it depends on what CD you buy. Curtains is all acoustic, and very mellow. But his other CD's have some more up tempo songs. Definitely not funky like RHCP though.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
^ My dad saw them and said they SUCKED. But that was 13 something years ago and I bet they are better now live. Still RHCP own

13 years ago they were reallly on the heroin, coke, etc

^ I know dude. i feel kind of bad for the people who saw them back then cause they were probably high outta their mind! But in studio, I dont think you can ever top blood sugar sex magik... Its that good.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Ok, so I've heard the songs on John's website, but I was wondering what you guys think the best cd of his was. And if you could, tell me what makes it so good. Thanks guys.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Lukeisonfire

John Frusciante wasn't in the Chili Peppers 13 years ago, he left in 1992.
UG 83
Quote by justin_fraser
Ok, so I've heard the songs on John's website, but I was wondering what you guys think the best cd of his was. And if you could, tell me what makes it so good. Thanks guys.

I'm really partial to Curtains, but I only have 3 of his CD's and whatever else I was able to download of the internet. I also have Inside of Emptiness and Shadows Collide with People. Curtains is all acoustic, and for some reason it really relaxes me. Not really sure why it's my favorite, it just is. I like them all.
Quote by TheHobbes
I'm really partial to Curtains, but I only have 3 of his CD's and whatever else I was able to download of the internet. I also have Inside of Emptiness and Shadows Collide with People. Curtains is all acoustic, and for some reason it really relaxes me. Not really sure why it's my favorite, it just is. I like them all.

Ok, so the main choices i have been looking at are Curtains and Shadows Collide With People. Which of these would you say to get. And if you could, give reasons why. Thanks.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help