i had some leftover parts for the strat(body, neck, and pickguard), so i decided to build one myself... the neck and the body was in horrible condition(a LOT of scratches and stuff), so I decided to paint both the body and the neck in yellow.(I didnt sand it completely, so the paint job is very crappy)

before(i used to have all the parts back then):

after paintjob (used lacquer spray)

i got other parts from a friend, and then i bought a junk bridge for 500 yen, and a dimarzio pickup for 3000 yen because it was an unknown model. (so i spent about $30 USD)

now i need to install the humbucker on this strat, but I need to cut the pickuguard so it'll fit... does anyone know how to make a S-S-S pickguard into a H-S-S pickguard?

Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
That pup looks like an evo 2. Then again all pickups look alike to me... Sorry can't help u with the pup in pickguard prob. but I can give you this piece of advice, DONT PAINT THE NECK! It will make it more frictiony and harder to play hard stuff.
that dimarzio pickup could be anything ...

You have to cut a hole in the pickguard :P
Quote by Pieter-Jan
that dimarzio pickup could be anything ...

You have to cut a hole in the pickguard :P
okay... but how should i cut it? can i just use string cutters?(im really new at this...)

oh, and i already painted the neck.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Quote by Cheesepuff
That pup looks like an evo 2. Then again all pickups look alike to me... Sorry can't help u with the pup in pickguard prob. but I can give you this piece of advice, DONT PAINT THE NECK! It will make it more frictiony and harder to play hard stuff.

hahahahaha! do you even own a guitar with a pianted neck? i do, i have the yamaha RGXA2 and it plays faster for me than multiple ibaez's i've played (and not low end ones either)

and it would probably be easier if you used a craft knife and a metal ruler to get nice straight and clean lines. but be patient while cutting. and makes sure that you measure your cut very very accurately, measure twice cut once, is an old British carpenters saying
i really messed up the pickguard... i measuered it wrong and now it looks really ugly... i better get a new pickguard soon(Im planning to use only 1 humbucker pickup)

oh, and heres the back side... looks really crappy

Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

u can get a strat style one pickup pickguard on guitarfetish.com
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
thanks for the help, but i dont live in america or UK... ill have to buy it at a store for about 30$ USD... which sucks
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

oh, and heres the back side... looks really crappy

That is a crappy job on the back, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It almost looks like you did that intentionally (sp?). Like you used a blue dye then sprayed over with a trans yellow. I'd have to really see the guitar to draw an accurate conclusion. But I think I kind of like the ****ty paint on the back.
^^yeah... i didnt sandmetallic blue color on the back completely before painting, and thats probably why it looks a little blue-ish on some parts

it was supposed to be a mistake, but it turned out kinda well
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal