Page 1 of 2
The Strat belongs to my dad, and Gary's weight is killing me from time to time (when i carry him) and also, ive alwaysed loved semi- hollows. Ive always loved ES-335's, so im getting something similar. I have no money yet, but ive decided to save up for one, the candidates are

Eagle 720/820: Swedish brand, http://www.jam.se/eagle.html (its in Swedish, just scroll down to 720 or a 820), i hvae tried the 820 (trough a 60-70's Marshall non MV JMP) and it was very nice. Made in Korea, apperently same factory as Agile!

Ibanez AS73: Havent tried, have tried other Artcores and they were nice, seems nice, but i prefer the look of ES-335's.

Epiphone Dot: Have tried, multiple times, i love them.

A used Epiphone Sheraton II: These are easly found, and doesnt cost to much, same price as the other ones new. Have tried, really loved it.

I have no real budget, but somewhere around 5000 (about 350£ or 700$). Ill change the pickups to Swineshead as soon as i can afford them. These guitars are gonna be used mostly for blues and classic rock.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Aug 11, 2006,
the Ibanez artcores are lovely guitars, they play very nice and have a sweet sound....but they are very FAT, and quite hard to play sometimes (the semis)...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
^fat? Ive got a Les Paul (which is very fat) but is it heavy? (weight wise)
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

NOOOOOooooo,.....about the lightest thing, theyre fat because there's a big HOLE in them....
--
yes, its a new one they got in the shop recently, its a kind of flamed grey maple...strange looking, but when run through a Mesa Dual REc. with a standard cry baby ( :laugh: ) it sounds nice, not acoustic as such, but warmer and fuller than say a solid alder (obviosly, as that is the point of semis)
--
well....it *can* get a good classic rock-ish sound, but it *plays* more like a very nice but very low action acoustic...so yes...sounds slightly like a 'paul through an (ugh) Marshall,, but without the bassy 'boom' sound...
--
the clean is very very nice, if you get a rotary sound and wah, (if you like that kind of thing) it replicates what you imagine a river to sound like on the guitar....that help?
--
If you want a small bodied semi, you could always look into the Ibanez AWD83 or even the AWD83T which has a trem
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
^Nah, i want something ES-335 style. Im looking for opinooins on the other guiatrs to!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^A bit. Will it be good for blues and classic rock?

yes, and its better than the epi es-335, so id go for it, but try it oout first, just to be sure, and therer quite a few Ib' semis as well...
--
Have you thought about guild or tokai?

Tokai did a rickenbacker copy called a Rockingbetter. Those things are sweet. They also did a 335 clone
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
^Yes. Tokia cost laods of oney (10000kr) and so does Guild so they are out of the picture.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I played a tanglewood semi-hollow through a blues jr and got some pretty nice clean and blues tones out of it. I know it's not one of the guitars you're looking at, but it's still a semi. I thought that'd help.

Which swinesheads are you gonna put in it?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Too bad you're not in the USA Gabel - Rondo Music has quite a few Agile 335-styled guitars. A REALLY nice trans black one with gold hardware.

They're cheap too.

As for the Epi Dot, if you decide to get one, be sure to get a Korean-made one. The Chinese ones are garbage. I played one the other day....man it was horrible. Just dead sounding. Although a friend of mine has a Korean-made dot that sounds great, so definetly look at those.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ok, welli could also get an Epi Sheraton used easly.

I aksed a store if they could begn to sell Agile and they said that Eagle was amde at the same factory as Agile!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

like i said *over there* check the washburn.

want the link again?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^Yeah! Washburn has some nice semi-hollowbodies.

Not very expensive either.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Well íve checked them, looks nice. The only one ive found are the HB30's, thought they are cheap. My question is are they good? I havent tried a Washburn.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I have an HB15, and for a $200 guitar, it's great. I will sometimes pick it up over my tele. I could only assume the higher end ones are even better.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
epi sheraton II 's are fantastic

ive only played the epi and ibanez

and the epi was far better
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

I really dont like the Ibanez Artcore. It has really weak and bad sounding pickups. With any amount of distortion it sounds bad. I think the Epiphones or that Eagle guitar are good choices though.
Yeah, but he's changing the pickups though.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
^Yes, but not direclty. Im leaning more on teh Epi, i could easly get a Korean Epi here.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

i would recommend doing what i do, get a used 333 (not 335) off of ebay. i got mine for 799. i cant wait till it gets here because its a stripped down version of the 335, and its a genuine gibson
what if someone was like really nice and they bought the agile for gabel, he gave them the money for it, and he payed for shipping and the person to buy it sends it as a gift so theres no customs?

incase you havent seen the agiles here they are
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
^Well ive seen Agile and have really lvoed to get one. Unless it breaks my budget with the shipping to Sweden, sure id love to have one (and id be the only one in Sweden to own one!)

Well the AS-1000 is jsut 350$ which half my planned budget!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Aug 13, 2006,
Well i got a mail from Rondo: They said they could ship here (shipping is 95$, so its still a lot less), but then i will have no warranty and they dont take credit cards
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

so you cant get it?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
The ES 335 is a NICE guitar, its got a fairly thick neck, but if you have a les paul then it should be all right, I have nothing but praise for them
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Well if your willing to take the risk of having no warranty and a possible shipping disaster get the AS-1000. I got a chance to play one that my friend picked up. Dam good duitar. I sure as hell want one as soon as I get the money. The only thing is that if you do buy it order it with a case. See if you could work out some type of speciel packaging with Kurt for the shipping. Might cost a little extra but is worth it for the safety.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
^yea I would just ask for like the best possible case available and wouldnt they put like a fragile sticker or something on the box when shipping it?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Well im willing to tkae the risk, ill ask him for the best case and packaging.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Page 1 of 2