Here is the product of an afternoons work. Its pretty much finished but i'm not overly pleaded with the solo that will prbably be changed at soome change. Anyhow, please give good honest crits and i'll crit your midis and ptbs if you leave me a link.
Attachments:
Metal-Song (zipped) Folder (4).zip
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
I like the piano intro, it gives of a pretty cool atmosphere! I can't really say the same for the pre-chorus and the chorus, I just found them a little lacking and in need of a bit spicing up I think, the verse was good although it wasn't quite what I was expecting after the piano introduction. I was fairly impressed with the solo, i think it was pretty well done

Crit mines please? Link in my sig
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I love the intro. The piano and strings are amazing. They really set a dark mood. Very, very good job on that.

Verse is decent, though I find it kind of boring. But it still sounds good.
The Pre-Chorus and Chorus I dont like. The tremelo picking is boring and just not a good hook.

I love the interlude. It's great.

I absolutely LOVE the guitar solo. It's perfectly placed, and sounds amazing.

Overall, it's pretty good. Very, very good job there.

Mind critting one of mine?
Two links in my sig.
I Felt Alone is more updated.
Spiral Out
Nice track overall, the intro is fantastic, especially since I always try to write piano intros on guitar and fail, I was impressed. The verse is good as well, the only problems are, like the others said, are the prechorus/chorus. Personally I like them, they just don't fit well with the rest of the track. Solo was well written, and the song ended fairly well, although a little too abrupt (maybe add something besides the simple power chords?). Overall, I liked it quite a bit, the track is simple but it's not boring, which is hard to do sometimes.

Also, a return crit would be cool (like you didn't see that comment coming :P), link in mah siggy.
heres a midi file
Attachments:
midiFolder (4).zip
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
I enjoyed the guitar solo and the piano/string intro a lot but the intro seemed like it dragged a little. The verse seems very clique, the chorus needs work because tremolo picking does not fit the well. I say work on it more and improv on the chorus mostly and I would like to hear more of the small basslines you put though out the piece.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6473762#post6473762
yea, i can play it, although the fast ascending lick in the solo doesnt come off as well as i wish it would.
Quote by masterohumans