So im looking for a new amp, i was inteding to get a Marshall AVT100, but then thought, no, il go for a full tube amp, i want something with a marshall like overdrive, but with a real sweet bluesy crunch and clean sound, any siggestions?

budget is about £450
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

marshall dsl401? laney vc30 (you can get it for about £300, it'll be bluesier, but less hard-rocky, if you know what I mean)? peavey classic 30 (ditto the laney, but I think the laney is better, and is £100 less (on gak))?

I suppose, what's the heaviest stuff you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ahh cheers dude, well im not into proper metal, i suppose, Tool, Kyuss, Gravity Kills, to name a few, so nothing hugely heavy, but i suppose i can always get a heavy distortion pedal, to do some of the things i want,
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I don't know how much money you're talking about because I'm in the states, how much is that in USD?

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

I don't think you need a heavy distortion pedal, you'd probably be better off getting an overdrive to boost the gain that's already there, it'll sound more natural (though that may not be the sound you're after, lol). I'd say the marshall would be heavy enough even without a pedal, especially if you can get it up to a decent volume, but the laney will do those cleans and blues tones better, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah im more into the natual sounding overdrive, tho a bit more, lol

tho i should say i play a strat, so which amp is best to get the fattest tone
MySpace Profile

actually, now I think about it, the hughes and kettner edition tube might be worth a look too, if you can make do with 20 watts. just as another option.

the laney vc30 is quite fat-sounding, but I don't know if it's heavy enough for you- i guess you need to try it with an overdrive to see...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmmmm, il have to go in my local shop and try out every amp in my price range, lol, im sure il find an amp i want then
MySpace Profile

^ aye, it's the long way, but the best way.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?