I'm going out to a music store today, and I know I'm getting a Gibson, I just really need good advice on which one to get, like which model, etc.

I need your help, so, any ideas on which one I should get?
r o c k
So you have enough money to buy a gibson.. but you didn't do any research on which one to get.. or don't know which to get?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
^Yeah that sounds stupid.

You need to try all of them and see which one you like the most.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
what made you want to go out and buy a gibson when you havent even played one or know which one you want?
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by TylerRRR
So you have enough money to buy a gibson.. but you didn't do any research on which one to get.. or don't know which to get?

yes, I just need good advice on which model, people think is best, and have experiance, with it. But you didn't help me at all.
r o c k
It depends entirely what style of music you want to play.
I've got a Gibson 335 dot which I think is the bees knees, however, I wouldn't contemplate using it for playing metal or anything really heavy.

I would suggest you go the the music shop and try every guitar they have in the shop until you find one you really like. Don't buy a Gibson just for the name!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by timmEH
what made you want to go out and buy a gibson when you havent even played one or know which one you want?

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I HAVENT PLAYED ONE???
r o c k
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
It depends entirely what style of music you want to play.
I've got a Gibson 335 dot which I think is the bees knees, however, I wouldn't contemplate using it for playing metal or anything really heavy.

I would suggest you go the the music shop and try every guitar they have in the shop until you find one you really like. Don't buy a Gibson just for the name!

You are completely under estimating me! I dont want it for its name, I've tried one out, I have a good budget, I WANT ONE!
r o c k
what kind of music do you play?
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Alrite, none of you are helping me. So nevermind, forget it. I'm still getting a Gibson, no matter what.
r o c k
Quote by timmEH
what kind of music do you play?

punk, rock, mainly. but i like other stuff too but mainly punk
r o c k
Whoa, whoa, calm down.

1. This goes in the Electric Guitar forum

2. He's right, try out lots of different guitars, not just Gibsons. Who knows, you might find something you like more. And like Cecil Gonzales said, there are different Gibsons you can get.

SG=Light guitar, I play some metal on an SG

Les Paul=A bit heavier than a normal size guitar, good for different styles, but bad upper fret access, not good for shredding

335: Blues and jazz sound good on a 335

Flying V: Great metal guitar, hard to sit down with at first

Explorer: I don't know much about an explorer

Firebird: My friend Sam plays a Firebird and he plays bluesish stuff, but it's a pretty good guitar. I don't know much about it other than my friend plays blues on it.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
what kind of music do you want to play? a bunch of people have asked, and what is your budget? some are $1000, some are $5000
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
thing is, for punk rock, and rock, I think a Les Paul standard will be your deal. But then there are no 2 gibsons thatll be the same. Work out which model you like best, and try a whole bunch of them. You gotta get your perfect Gibson man, otherwise there's no point.
Thanks for reading
Gibson makes some fine guitars from your basic Les pauls, Explorers, Sg's, Es series and others.

I'm a fan of the Les Paul Custom but they can be heavy. Explorers are nice.

Without knowing what style of music you play and your budget it is tough to make a recommendation. For example the tones of a les Pauls vary from dark to somewhat bright, going from your basic, studio, standard, custom and the other models.
Yeah you're being pretty arrogant. If you don't want it for the name, then why do you only want a gibson and won't consider any others?
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
For punk i'd suggest a Les Paul, but there are many different kinds of Les Pauls and it's up to your own personal preference which one you like best. I'd recommend one with a cutaway though because it's hard to acces the upper frets without a cutaway.
Quote by Mahogany_x
You are completely under estimating me! I dont want it for its name, I've tried one out, I have a good budget, I WANT ONE!

So you've played one?

Did you like it?

THEN GET IT!!!!!
Just get whateva the hell you want we cant tell ya what is best for you just get what feels right
Fender P Bass Mex

Guitar Set Up
Fender Strat Mex (Modded)
Toadwords Leo Jr
Vox Wah V847
Electro Harmonix LBP-1
Line 6 FM4
Boss DD-20
TC Electronic Tuner
Orange Tiny Terror(ist)

Check out my band
www.asparagusnow.com