Page 1 of 3
My parents don't care about parental advisory stickers. Well, my dad does, but he can't understand the words anyway.
i get moaned at for the music i listen to and i've been threatened with it being confiscated. just me then?
i'm asking about your parents getting angry about lyrical content in punk cds like the hatered of religion etc
My dad used to pick us my mp3 player which had rap at the time because I was a complete idiot, and he would sing improvised versions of the songs which all included the n, f, s words, it was great.
It only took one listen for my mom to start throwing CD's away, she then tried to get me to try her christian sh!t.
that's the stuff i wanna hear keep it coming! my dad hates op ivy with passion... he says jesse sings like a fish with cancer
Quote by ss311
that's the stuff i wanna hear keep it coming! my dad hates op ivy with passion... he says jesse sings like a fish with cancer

How could someone hate Op Ivy? Even my parents like them!
After my parents saw my "In God We Trust, Inc." shirt, they freaked out and cut up all my shirts, took all my records, flyers and posters, and dumped them in a landfill.

I got really angry, but just went out and bought more.

They tried it again a year later and I ran away.
Of course there was no place for a 15 year old kid to stay, and you can't get a job at that age, so I came back home.

The next time they tried that was about 3 years later.
My pops hit me and I beat him up.
Then they kicked me out.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
My dad was weirded out about my Choking Victim Squatta's Paradise EP with the guy hanged on the front, but I still bought it...and same with the cover of Crass's Feeding of the 5000 and Dead Kennedys' Bedtime for Democracy.

My parents have also told me to stop "junking up" my clothes. But in my opinion, this doesn't count as junking up:

Last edited by Holy Magenta at Aug 11, 2006,
My mom stopped buying me cloths... After that I only had 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, two hoodies, and 7 pairs of boxers... It kinda got to me after a while.
I should also mention that everything my parents destroyed, I bought with my own money.

Wait until you see the nursing home I'm gonna put them in.
It's gonna be the one that's under investigation for the residents having "mysterious bruising".
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

Bad punk CD's? As in like, getting in trouble for listening to The Casualties? No, never happened.
Quote by johnnynemo
After my parents saw my "In God We Trust, Inc." shirt, they freaked out and cut up all my shirts, took all my records, flyers and posters, and dumped them in a landfill.

I got really angry, but just went out and bought more.

They tried it again a year later and I ran away.
Of course there was no place for a 15 year old kid to stay, and you can't get a job at that age, so I came back home.

The next time they tried that was about 3 years later.
My pops hit me and I beat him up.
Then they kicked me out.

I wouldnt be able to take that. I would have retaliated. But my dad would never do that because he understands why i like the music and doesnt mind. Most of his friends are 25 to 35 year old punks anyway.
Quote by johnnynemo
I should also mention that everything my parents destroyed, I bought with my own money.

Wait until you see the nursing home I'm gonna put them in.
It's gonna be the one that's under investigation for the residents having "mysterious bruising".

Ha ha... That's rich.
I would bet more kids get in trouble for the abusive things said in most every hip-hop record.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
I wouldnt be able to take that. I would have retaliated. But my dad would never do that because he understands why i like the music and doesnt mind. Most of his friends are 25 to 35 year old punks anyway.

Like I said, I did kick my Pop's a$$(and it wasn't the last time I had to).

As to retaliation.....well, I haven't gotten married and bred some "grand-babies", which is what they want more that anything, and I NEVER will.
I also haven't seen them for almost 10 years, so....... it's not like I'm rewarding them for their sh*tty behavior.
Quote by sargasm

My dad use to go to black flag concerts and pass out. And threw a person into Henry Rollins once. Whats he gonna say to me?
I've seen kids get yelled at by their cristian parents yell at their kids for listening to punk and metal. The scary thing about me is, my dad is more of a punk than I am, he grew up listening to the clash, and the uderground westcoast stuff. He gave me a 1984 clash Army shirt/uniform from their tour, WOW!!!. I'm more of a metalhead, but I still love punk. Oh, did I mention, my MOM likes Tool.... Think about that for a second, all she listens to is disco, and 70/80's pop rock

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Last edited by rhymeswith suck at Aug 11, 2006,
My parents quit caring about what music I listened to when I was 13. They would drop me off at shows and whatnot and now they're fine with me doing all of it because they see it's done alot of positive things for me (punk rock introduced me to the local arts community which I'm an active volunteer in and it politicized me which my mom is happy about).

They even like some of the music I listen to: Can Kickers, Pine Hill Haints, Natchez Shakers, A Silver Mount Zion.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
My parents used to be opposed to my hair, cloths and music but after they realized that this wasn't a phase they just sort of got used to it. Coming out oif the closet seemed to knock out the last of the fight outta them too. The last ditch effort my dad made to turn me into a vanilla girly-girl was when I was about 16. He offered to buy me new cloths and made some half-hearted coment about how it's only ok to dress the way I do when I'm young. And I didn't even have any of my gear then.

Besides my parents are both ex-hippies so either 1. they recognize that it's healthy to let their daughter express herself, after all they did when they were young 2. They were both to drunk and/or stoned to care that much 3. I've got 2 older sisters so they were just too burned out on the whole damn thing.

I've gotten SOO much crap from pretty much everyone else on the planet though.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
my mom start to scream at me when she heard the holiday in cambodia intro, i don't know why
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
Quote by kurt_isnot_dead
my mom start to scream at me when she heard the holiday in cambodia intro, i don't know why

My mom and her friend just went "WHAT!!?!?!?!?", when I told them I was listenting to that song, but my dad showed it to me....

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by CowsWithGuns
My parents used to be opposed to my hair, cloths and music but after they realized that this wasn't a phase they just sort of got used to it. Coming out oif the closet seemed to knock out the last of the fight outta them too. The last ditch effort my dad made to turn me into a vanilla girly-girl was when I was about 16. He offered to buy me new cloths and made some half-hearted coment about how it's only ok to dress the way I do when I'm young. And I didn't even have any of my gear then.

Besides my parents are both ex-hippies so either 1. they recognize that it's healthy to let their daughter express herself, after all they did when they were young 2. They were both to drunk and/or stoned to care that much 3. I've got 2 older sisters so they were just too burned out on the whole damn thing.

I've gotten SOO much crap from pretty much everyone else on the planet though.

YOURE A GIRL?!?!
My mom is scared of my Misfits shirts and one of my Germs shirts because they have skulls on them. She was also disturbed by my DK "Kill the Poor" shirt.
Quote by MattTheArsonist
My mom is scared of my Misfits shirts and one of my Germs shirts because they have skulls on them. She was also disturbed by my DK "Kill the Poor" shirt.

yeah my mom got scared of the misfits skeleton shirt with the blood haha and she hates my tight pants
Well, my mum doesn't like it that much. When her friends come over for tea and whinge about how their kids listen to bands like jet and wolfmother too loud, my mum just says "you should see some of the cds my son owns. theirs songs like 'too drunk to f*ck' and a cd called 'f*ck world trade" (which i absolutely hated - one of the worst cds i ever got)
she tried to get me to stop listening to punk once, because she thought i'd turn out like sid vicious. when she said she'd take all my cds away, i cut up all my clothes and used safety pins to hold them together, before i went to some expensive restaurant with her and her friends.

but i don't get why she tries, because i always show my dad my cds, and he likes them all.

i cop more sh*t from all those jocks at school that think punks listen to blink-182 and cut their wrists.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
My dad loves my proto punk CD's.

He thought the Cramps were amusing. He found the Dead Kennedys funny. He appreciated the general Asskickery of "Kick Out the Jams." He loved the Tenacious D CD even after hearing "inward singing." Even the Velvet Underground. He's cool.

I'm afraid to share some of my stuff with my mom, and the shirts are make are never very offensive.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Aug 12, 2006,
my mom gets mad at me when i dont put my blue hair in liberty spikes and wear my studded jacket.
If my kid had blue liberty spikes, I would probably be mad too. I hope to have offspring with fashion sense.
Quote by sargasm
If my kid had blue liberty spikes, I would probably be mad too. I hope to have offspring with fashion sense.

Seconded.
Quote by llanafreak44
YOURE A GIRL?!?!

I hope so or else I've got a pretty small penis.

EDIT:...I like liberty spikes.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Last edited by CowsWithGuns at Aug 12, 2006,
Quote by sargasm

haha i was being sarcastic
one day, three punks knock to my door saying:

punks:you're a poser, you can't listen to that music
me:what music
punks:dead kennedys
me:why?
punks: cause you don't have a mohawk
me:and you have no brain
punk:you're lost
me:i don't think so (luckily, 5 of my friends were in my house, so, the damn punks leave)
Inquisitor of the zeppelinism church, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of UG's VIVA MEXICO CLUB

Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm a sweet transvestive from transexual Transylvania
Page 1 of 3