hey ive got an ibanez 350 dx which blows in quality and sound , if i were to get a higher end ibanez in the 900 dollar price range what model should i be looking at thats better quality and sound wise
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige but the pickups on them pretty much well not the best in the world and would probably need to be replaced
Probably the RG prestige, but I think the S series is a cheaper and better series than RG.

If you are choosing RG though, probably the RG1570, but it's fugly, go for the S570 instead, ZR owns.
Quote by Invictious
Probably the RG prestige, but I think the S series is a cheaper and better series than RG.

If you are choosing RG though, probably the RG1570, but it's fugly, go for the S570 instead, ZR owns.

S470, you mean.

Anyone who says 1570s are ugly, I invite you to look at this. Keep a spare change of undies near.

If you like the shape of your RG, then go for 1570 - it's the same, only it has no faults aside from expendable pickups.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
holy crap that guitar looks real nice but how much better is that than an rg350, is it worth the extra dough
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Quote by pifty
S470, you mean.

Anyone who says 1570s are ugly, I invite you to look at this. Keep a spare change of undies near.

If you like the shape of your RG, then go for 1570 - it's the same, only it has no faults aside from expendable pickups.

i like the edge pro and the EMGs, but i cant say i like the sparkly finish, i love this:

RGA 121, teh pwn
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by ias05
holy crap that guitar looks real nice but how much better is that than an rg350, is it worth the extra dough

It's definitely a lot better than RG350. Made in Japan by skilled workers, and not in an Indonesian sweatshop. The bridge is no compromise, it's great. materials are of a better quality, and assembly is the best. I tend to claim that 1570 is worth more than they ask for it.

And the finish, not really sparkly. It's more of a nebulous sort. Looks like a subtle starry sky through a telescope to me.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
The sparkles on 1570 are just disturbing, I'd prefer the finish on Hellraiser, thanks.

Although thats quite some nice pickups.

Yea, I mean the 470, it was late here when I posted it/
Too bad the finish on the 1570 looks like nail polish. But hey, you can't get everything.

I'm getting one tomorrow, finally. I've been lusting over one the past month.

Are the pickups as shitty as I hear? I'm definately going to test them out, on clean, for good measures.
Quote by mikeman
Too bad the finish on the 1570 looks like nail polish. But hey, you can't get everything.

I'm getting one tomorrow, finally. I've been lusting over one the past month.

Are the pickups as shitty as I hear? I'm definately going to test them out, on clean, for good measures.

yeh they aint the bestest at all and you could do with setting aside more money for new pickups
i still like the S470. cheaper, and cooler looking, and would allow you the money to stick in better pickups.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
i still like the S470. cheaper, and cooler looking, and would allow you the money to stick in better pickups.

Yea, I'd prefer the S series anytime, I'd use the extra money to buy lots of paper clips.
Woo Hoo! Just brought it home 6 hours ago, and I've been playing it ever since. I'm really impressed. Tis' a very solid guitar. I shall keep it forever.
Quote by mikeman
Woo Hoo! Just brought it home 6 hours ago, and I've been playing it ever since. I'm really impressed. Tis' a very solid guitar. I shall keep it forever.

Better post pics of this bad boy some time, albeit ugly, it's pretty good.

BUT IT's BLOODY BASSWOOD, urgh, that's why I prefer S series/
Quote by Invictious
Better post pics of this bad boy some time, albeit ugly, it's pretty good.

Yup.

BUT IT's BLOODY BASSWOOD, urgh, that's why I prefer S series/

You got a problem with basswood!? Basswood will hunt you down.

Quote by Arkane
should have gotten the rga121

And sacrifice my Edge Pro? Not a chance.
Last edited by mikeman at Aug 13, 2006,
Haha... I like the sharp horns. Good fret access too!

It actually looks like a black guitar from a distance, then you look close and you're like, "holy shit, that guitar isn't black!"
Quote by mikeman

congrats man, you won't get rid of it, they are such great playing guitars, you will just like it more. I've already thought about how much it's going to cost me for a fret job when I've worn the frets down, lol. The flash really kills how nice the finish is in person.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Invictious
It's Ibanez, all their stock pickups are junk.

lies, the IBZ USA pickups are not junk, os go away
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
lies, the IBZ USA pickups are not junk, os go away

they certainly aint great either