hey, I just want to know, i've seen these on a lot of different sites and websites and the prices very A LOT! Is there a gret difference in quality for different prices and brands? (I've seen them from about $60 - $800) Also i'm not quite sure how they work exactly, do you just plug the one jack in you guitar and then another into the input slot on your amp? Will it change my sound at all or just be like a cable without wires? I would probably be more more than 65 feet away, most the time probably about a little less than 50 ft. (I move around a lot on stage).
i've seen in flames use them, as did all the bands at download festival so i'd guess they're ok :>
Quote by leafskillsens
Is there a gret difference in quality for different prices and brands? (I've seen them from about $60 - $800)

Yes. The el-cheapo ones will pick up radio signals, other wireless systems, etc.

Quote by leafskillsens
Also i'm not quite sure how they work exactly, do you just plug the one jack in your guitar and then another into the input slot on your amp?

Yes

Quote by leafskillsens
Will it change my sound at all or just be like a cable without wires? I would probably be more more than 65 feet away, most the time probably about a little less than 50 ft. (I move around a lot on stage).

A decent one should sound basically the same, but the further away from the receiver you get, the more likely you are to get a delayed signal. This means you strum but the amp doesn't make any noise for a split-second. This is bad since you lose the beat. Don't get the $60 ones and before you gig with the wireless, you should take a walk around the playing area with your guitar plugged in to find your range and to look for any "dead spots."
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
it does change your sound , trust me. You hear the drop in mid-range BIG TIME...It works like this

There is usually a little pack with a cord that you plug in the guitar , the pack contains the battery and you can put it on strap etc.. that sends a signal out to a reciver

The reciver you use any standard 1/4 guitar cable and it goes to the amp and BAM wi-fi guitar lol... But I used to use mine alot but the tone is just horrible , mine was 200 and still a very very VERY big tonal difference to me.

* EDIT: Yea the delay kills it too lol for that split secon d you are like
Picked up an old Nady One on craigslist for 20 bucks. Guy even gave me batteries.

Works flawlessly.
Shure sells one for 600 or 700 i believe and it is very good you can get it on Musicians friend
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
how much are the ones that like Angus Young uses? That guy goes everywhere like 500 feet away is common for a LTBR solo. Does anyone reccomend any specific brands or models around about $500?
I have a UHF one made by Electro Voice. The RE-2. Mynes actually pretty great, there isn't a big tone drop and thats the way it should be when you deal with higher end wireless systems. It takes a lot of configuring and tweaking to get everything set up. At first I was expecting to just plug in dial in the channels and bam it works. But theres actually a lot of setting up that must be done, like setting the levels and setting the transmitter and receiver to guitar setting. I wouldn't go cheap with wireless because it's going to really cause problems and UHF is probably best if you want to have lots of bandwidth and the least interference. You should be able to go a few hundred feet, I've only tried going 100-200 feet away, however I didn't have it loud enough to hear, however people who were nearthe spaker reported no loss in quality, volume or anyhting. FYI people driving in cars seem to think your crazy when you walk downt he street playing guitar. My main complaint is that it increases the noise that I already get with my strat. But thats not a huge problem for me and I plan to redo the wiring and shield my strat to eliminate the noise in the future anyways.