Hey guys. I just bought a guitar. It is a B.C Rich Warlock. Its an amazing guitar but unfortunately it didnt come with a whammy bar. I was wondering if i could have someone like put one into my guitar for me or would i have to buy a guitar with one already in it.
Thanks alot
You could probably install one, but Im no expert. Whammy bars arent really that useful trust me. But if you really needone and cant get one installed, try the digitech whammy pedal. It can make whammy sounds and a hell of alot more.
yeah youi can get one installed, good luck, id never do it.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
My whammy bar only goes down, not up, so that sucks.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
I could weld a bar to your bridge for 50 bucks.
Kidding...you could have one installed like they said, but by the time you bought the bridge system and had it installed, you'd have paid more for that than you did the guitar. (assuming it's a bronze warlock)
Me + Ibanez RGT42DXFM + Digitech GNX3000 + Crate GT1200H = Sex
Like the other guy said, get a whammy effect pedal. It does anything you can do with a bar, and has the added bonus of not putting your guitar out of tune with excessive use!
if your new to guitar, then most likely you will over crank and destroy your bridge so get an effects pedal instead
Buy a wammy pedal.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
first of all: call it a tremolo, not a whammy bar

2nd of all: the whammy pedals are way more of a hassle to use, if you can afford it, buy a new guitar, a REAL metal guitar, like some ESP or jackson with a tremolo, or maybe even an ibanez
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
if you cant afford a whammy pedal, or to insall one, get a washburn x9. id put a dimebucker in and two YJMs, and you have a guitar
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
ive got a whammy bar on my jim deacon sx, i dont use it as i am just beginning, would it be wise to loosen it out untill i want to use it
b.c rich sucks. and to install a tremelo youd have to rip your guitar apart because in the back some one would have to holloew it out replace all the hardware put two spring mechanisms in and make your guit. a string thru and then youd have payed about 400 dollars on a guitar that sucks balls and is made out of cheap wood, sorry for dissing it yes most beginners are attracted to bc rich's off the wall shapes but they dont ahev off the wall sound.
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Listen to the people.

A whammy or tremelo will likely cost more than your guitar did. Not worth it.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
I have to disagree with most of these statements. I've had two BC Rich's. They sound great when I'm running them through my Fender G-Dec 30! My G-Dec 30 also contains many amps and effects all rolled into one amp. I even saw a review done by a guitarist on this amp who said that they sold all their other amps after they got the G-Dec 30 because they didn't need them anymore. I can use it to teach and to play. I can compose on it and record on it. I can download and upload midi on it. My BC Rich already came with a spot to order and put a wammy bar on. I have NOT ruined a bridge on either of my guitars using the wammy bar. Just use a light touch because a little goes a long way. It is a PITA to have to hook up a bunch of pedals every time you want to practice or every time you have to play a gig. I'd rather have and use my bar. Also, even in the BC Rich reviews done by other guitar players they will tell you that the BC Rich guitars do NOT loose tuning when you use a wammy bar on them. Sorry, saw this cute emoticon and I couldn't resist it. LOL
Last edited by timi.charles.7 at Apr 11, 2015,
One more thing I feel the need to say is this. You won't hear many musicians (REAL musicians) talk about this. There are some guitars that won't sound worth a damned no matter how you play it or what equipment you run it through, such as a Harmony or a Hondo. However, with any decent electrical instrument the equipment that you are running it through will make a TON of difference in how good that instrument can and will sound. It is not just the GUITAR that matters.
It will cost more than your guitar. You may as well buy a second guitar.

EDIT: Nice ****ing job reviving a thread that's 9 years old.. I have no words..
Last edited by vayne92 at Apr 11, 2015,
And the revival post... So much wut?
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I have a bridge on a new guitar that I purchased. It already has the hole for the wammy bar on it. When I went online to PURCHASE a wammy bar this article popped up. That means that no matter what a post was written, if you enter certain info. into a search a post will pop up regardless of how old said post is. That means that even if it's YEARS LATER these posts and questions will pop up for lots of beginning guitarists and therefore I don't care how old a post is because the reply post may still help a different beginning guitarist when they search for an answer to the same question. In the interest of being an adult and not starting or participating in flame wars I have nothing more to say either.
Last edited by timi.charles.7 at Apr 12, 2015,
I lied. LOL One more quick reply. I've just started teaching my husband how to play guitar. I asked him a minute ago this question: Would you like it if I started teaching you to play the electric guitar with all the pedals attached and you had to connect and unconnect them every time you wanted to practice? and he said *&%^ NO!!!! I remember being a beginner when I was only 15. I'm now 49. That's a lot of experience with playing AND equipment. If a beginner who is trying to learn how to use their guitar and their amp. adds pedals to their practice they'll have to connect and unconnect all those pedals between their guitar and their amp. each time they practice if they want to take good care of their equipment. All of that added mess and difficulty will eventually discourage a beginner from wanting to put in the practice time. I say make it as easy as possible for them and they may stick with their guitar and become a great guitarist one day. Not a 'once tried to be a guitarist but gave up and sold or pawned my guitar because I got tired of trying to learn'.
Last edited by timi.charles.7 at Apr 12, 2015,
Quote by timi.charles.7
I lied. LOL One more quick reply. I've just started teaching my husband how to play guitar. I asked him a minute ago this question: Would you like it if I started teaching you to play the electric guitar with all the pedals attached and you had to connect and unconnect them every time you wanted to practice? and he said *&%^ NO!!!! I remember being a beginner when I was only 15. I'm now 49. That's a lot of experience with playing AND equipment. If a beginner who is trying to learn how to use their guitar and their amp. adds pedals to their practice they'll have to connect and unconnect all those pedals between their guitar and their amp. each time they practice if they want to take good care of their equipment. All of that added mess and difficulty will eventually discourage a beginner from wanting to put in the practice time. I say make it as easy as possible for them and they may stick with their guitar and become a great guitarist one day. Not a 'once tried to be a guitarist but gave up and sold or pawned my guitar because I got tired of trying to learn'.

if you make a pedal board then you don't have to go through all that. just saying. the other thing is that many players don't plug in a bunch of fx to practice. i have a lovely pedal board but rarely plug it in to practice as it really isn't needed for that. i use an overdrive and that is it. only time for pedals is if i need to practice using them for a specific song that i'll be playing live. new players should keep it basic and concentrate on just learning to play.