Page 1 of 2
Who do you guys think is metal musician with the most annoying poses when he/she performs live?

Janick Gers has my vote with his annoying guitar throwing and all.
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Quote by TheHaunted
Who do you guys think is metal musician with the most annoying poses when he/she performs live?

Janick Gers has my vote with his annoying guitar throwing and all.

so that's two now
Janick nicked all his showmanship crap from Richie Blackmore anyway. He just annoys me, he thinks he's a better guitarist then he actually is when in truth he's one of the sloppiest.

I guess that makes 3.
That's not posering, thats called showmanship.

Quote by Bloody Headache
Janick nicked all his showmanship crap from Richie Blackmore anyway. He just annoys me, he thinks he's a better guitarist then he actually is when in truth he's one of the sloppiest.

I guess that makes 3.

Well, you backed it up with a reason, so you're allowed to bash him
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
That's not posering, thats called showmanship.

Well, you backed it up with a reason, so you're allowed to bash him

Stealing is wrong.
Martin Mendez and his goddamned back and forth headbang. I get seasick watching him.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
Martin Mendez and his goddamned back and forth headbang. I get seasick watching him.

*waits for Tony*

I agree with Janick, also Kirk Hammet with his wah-gasm faces.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
herman li with all of his unnecessary movements with the whammy bar and string breaking....as for janick i am tired of him performing on stage but as long as he keeps on writing songs like dance of death then he can stay in the band
I 'm not going to answer that cause in the previous similar thread I got third degree burning injuries from the flaming . So I'm just going to say kerry king ..
It is a little awkward that he appears on stage with world wrestling entertainement T-shirts (preferably with a stone cold steve austin shirt). Apparently keery likes bald guys , rofl..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by xolax
Alexi Laiho. Self-explanatory.

His headbanging is girly and lame
Quote by bangyourhead
WTF do you have against bald guys? Did your mom get ****ed by one or something? And what do you mean by PREFERABLY an Austin t-shirt?

It is just my ****ing opinion you idiot . I just dislike bald guys , you got a problem with that? if you continue with the insulting I will do nothing cause I cant ,and I 'll be very much pissed off . rofl
1)Steve Austin T-shirts cause I saw him wearing one in a live (coincidental statement)
2)Tolerate my opinion like I toleate others opinions and like evrybody here does.
3)I was just expressing my funking opinion and thats why the god damn freedom of speech exists.
4)I got nothing against bald guys in metal bands in particular , i just dont like seeing them and that doesnt mean that they dont look metal or anything or i dont appreciate their musical talent.
5)Drink some milk and grow up , if you are a grownup , stop acting like a kid and stop insulting and jumping to conlcusions just to flame someone so you can be COOL in the metal forum.
Anyone who wears tight clothes and acts feminine.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
The black metal bands w/ corpsepaint and spikes and ****. Say what you want, I think it looks and is retarded.
Quote by SickMetal
The black metal bands w/ corpsepaint and spikes and ****. Say what you want, I think it looks and is retarded.

It may be when they push it , but many ppl like that stuff . it goes with the genre and the music.. you cant expect immortal or deicide for instance to perform with tuxedos on stage singing about flying on the moon. it is what the style of music and the genre requires and a lot of ppl including myself like that. but it is your opinion and it is understood and respected .
cheers buddy
Well, it's not really annoying, just funny, but when Amon Amarth's guitarist (don't know names) does the head-spin thing, his beard flies in circles as well as his hair

It's funny when you see it
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Necrolust
you cant expect immortal or deicide for instance to perform with tuxedos on stage singing about flying on the moon.
No but he's saying bands like Immortal take it too far. I personally don't have a problem with it, I think it looks a little ridiculous sometimes, but oh well.

I'm pretty sure the dudes from Deicide look normal, aside from the fact that Glen has a cross burnt upside down in his forehead.

It's pretty much a signature to black metal bands. Most other genres don't do this nearly as much.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Lol, no problem if you like it, but I just think it looks dumb. btw I wasn't really talking about Deicide stuff...I meant Mayhem, Immortal, etc. I just think all the spikes and **** look stupid and the makeup is just over the top IMO lol. Lots of people say it adds to atmosphere and whatnot, I think it makes things more cartoonish honestly.
Quote by SickMetal

+1.
Quote by <><
Oh, King'sXfan590! Is there anything you won't say?

There, now you can quote me and put me in your sig.
Quote by Necrolust
It may be when they push it , but many ppl like that stuff . it goes with the genre and the music.. you cant expect immortal or deicide for instance to perform with tuxedos on stage singing about flying on the moon. it is what the style of music and the genre requires and a lot of ppl including myself like that. but it is your opinion and it is understood and respected .
cheers buddy

umm, akercocke?
</IMO>
Quote by dead-fish
Well, it's not really annoying, just funny, but when Amon Amarth's guitarist (don't know names) does the head-spin thing, his beard flies in circles as well as his hair

It's funny when you see it

It's fucking hilarious. But Amon Amarth is more metal than you or I ever will be..,

AA ftw!!!
Quote by Spynal

Quote by duncang
*waits for Tony*

Quote by mrmoo182
Rob Trujillo or w/e and his stupid ape pose

Quote someone from the Metallica forums (of which im banned because i posted my opinion of post-black album Metallica :p

"He looks like Donkey Kong on speed"

Personally, I don't care for... mexicans/gorilla men in metal.

On topic:
I hate bands that come on stage drunk. To quote Dave Ellefson in the Decline of Western Civilization Pt. 2 Megadeth interview:
"I dont drink or get stoned when im practising at home, so why would i do that to the fans when i get on stage?.. I'd be stealing there money, and they wouldnt be getting what they paid for"

And ill second the corpsepaint black metal comment. Look like ****ing trolls lost on the planet Endor.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by Black Hole Sun
Yngwie Malmsteen and his girly little kicks.

dude yngwie's kicks rule cus hes kicking picks while hes flippin out... thats just freakin sweet

ima get hated for this--- bruce dickinson and is taking out of a tattered british flag for the trooper... sorta annoying and his putting of his leg on the speakers and wraping his arm arround the mike.. p.s. i love him and the rest of maiden
UP THE IRONS
i think mohammed's ninja stance is kind of annoying, but imo, he can come out on stage in a pink tutu and a blondie shirt and i would still worship him.
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
Scott Ian not really headbanging just bobbing is head up and down. He doesn't really have any hair to go with it. And his red beard really bugs me.
I hate bands that come on stage drunk. To quote Dave Ellefson in the Decline of Western Civilization Pt. 2 Megadeth interview:
"I dont drink or get stoned when im practising at home, so why would i do that to the fans when i get on stage?.. I'd be stealing there money, and they wouldnt be getting what they paid for"

Tell that to Deicide. They were so wasted for a Denmark show that they ****ed everything up, Glen got aggressive to the crowd, and barely played their songs properly.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Did anyone see that video of Alexi laiho f*cking up a guitarspin during one of their songs?? priceless
john petrucci and his crappy metal stance...
Read my post. Not this.
to all the people arguing about ****ing haircuts.

It's part of the job. You're supposed to have long hair.

If you're looking to get an office job, you turn up looking respectable (suit, tie etc.) with SHORT HAIR, that's been combed in the last fortnight.

Now if someone was auditioning for your band and turned up like that, you'd tell them to **** off.

If someone came to audition for your band with hair down to their ass, a ****ing flying V strapped across their back and a Slayer shirt - you'd be in business, and they'd probably be thrice the metal you and your short hair Linkin Park worshipping buddies are.

If you're gonna get all liberal about hair cuts, why don't we go back to the ****en 90s, better yet, lets make ****en Sinead O'Connor a member of ****ing Dismember!

Grow your hair you pussies!
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by twentyextysixx

If you're looking to get an office job, you turn up looking respectable (suit, tie etc.) with SHORT HAIR, that's been combed in the last fortnight.

Now if someone was auditioning for your band and turned up like that, you'd tell them to **** off.

If someone came to audition for your band with hair down to their ass, a ****ing flying V strapped across their back and a Slayer shirt - you'd be in business, and they'd probably be thrice the metal you and your short hair Linkin Park worshipping buddies are.

If you're gonna get all liberal about hair cuts, why don't we go back to the ****en 90s, better yet, lets make ****en Sinead O'Connor a member of ****ing Dismember!

Anyband that went to ozzfest this year minus SYL and Zakk Wylde (under normal circumstances i would include him, but because of one of the stories i was told im including him)

...the skullet pwns
Quote by twentyextysixx

LOL

That's possibly one of the biggest pieces of crap I've ever seen anyone spout on this forum
Page 1 of 2