Page 1 of 4
Because I am! And I'm wondering, are there any other Jam fans around here? Discuss any good jams, good concerts, CD's, whatever! I'm listening to a moe. concert right now, they're a great band.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
yeaaah! i love jam bands. ive been listening to a lot of the benevento/russo duo lately, im not sure if youve heard of them. they have some sick jams, i saw them live when i went to a trey anastaso/phil lesh and friends concert. i got into jam bands like a year ago when i started listening to mass amounts of phish
Bow down on yo' knees fo' Umphrey McGee's.
^^ same here i saw the duo with trey and mike in july. my first time seeing trey

ive seen moe. twice, but im missing them on newy ears eve and their starland ballroom shows. well i hope i get to go to snoe.down at least (would be my first festival if i can go).

for some reason no one else i know is reall into jambands. i mean i have some friends who like phish, the dead, and moe. but i mean oter jambands like tea leaf green who kick ass. umphrey's mcgee is sick also, theyre similar to moe. if you want to check them out.

im just waiting for phish to reunite. then i can finally go on tour . people complain about bands not being talented, bands not being like classic rock bands, well i wish they would finally get their heads out of their asses and check out some of these jambands who can shred like no other modern rock bands. if these people stopped for a seond to listen to them, they most likely wouldn't be complaining anymore.
Trey anastasio's new stuff is amazing.
I actually don't know of too many modern jam bands, most are older.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
moe. is pretty good.

Widespread panic is pretty good too.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
telex, where did you see trey? i saw him at Darien Lake in Rochester and i was wondering if you were at the same one since youre from new york and all...

tea leaf green kicks ass.

and i dont care what anyone says about Dave Matthews not being a jam band, because when they get on stage they have some sick jams that are sometimes up there with the likes of phish and phil lesh and whatnot
Bow down on yo' knees fo' Umphrey McGee's.
Umphrey's McGee FTW
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Yea I have Sirius Satellite Radio and channel 17 is all jam bands....... damn I love satillite radio......Just finished listening to a 45 minute moe. jam, good stuff. Trey and Phil seems like a great concert........ hey if you want some good jam concerts for free check out www.archive.org and click on live music archive. I've gotten a few good Dead, moe., String Cheese incident, pretty sure there's some Umphrey's McGee too...... Phish hasn't got any up there, along with a few others, but check it out!
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Last edited by eckmann88 at Aug 11, 2006,
Yea I really like a lot of jam music, would you consider Dispatch a jam band? They're probably one of my favorites next to phish and the Dead.
Quote by unplugtheradio
fuck sigs

Quote by alex_haeni
Damn you kbass, you're good.

oh wow...... i just found a great concert, moe. and Trey anastasio live at a Hurricane Katrina benefit...... check out archive.org and search for moe. and you'll find it.
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake

Help
Space
dude, I just got back from Umph's, and Bela Fleck n the Flecktones.
Holy ****ing ****, words cannot describe it, it was so incredible. So many good shows comin up in BMORE this fall! Ill see Ratdog, Perpetual Groove, Gregg Allman and friends, NortH Mississippi Allstars, (playin in a blues fest im goin too) I cant wait, it was incredible,(also a ton of weed out on the lawn, it was insane)
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
I dont have it, but i have listened to Anchor Drops a few times, and as for Safety in Numbers, im not really as impressed with it, as much as Anchor Drops, but nonetheless good.
Trey is a Jedi.

Quote by kbass9267
Yea I really like a lot of jam music, would you consider Dispatch a jam band? They're probably one of my favorites next to phish and the Dead.

Dispatch is a jam band, if not to the Phish and Dead extreme. You can kind of call them college rock, but they are so unique and brilliant I defy that classification.

Check out State Radio, Chad from Dispatch's new group. It takes the Open Up/Time Served Dispatch sound further, mroe reggae, mroe hard rock, very political. Think Bob Marley mixed with RATM.

BTW, anyone seen OAR live? They were kind of soulless...
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I love Jam Bands. Blues Traveler is a good one.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I personally like The String Cheese Incident and Keller Williams a lot. Keller is extremely talented.

My sister just when to the 10,000 lakes festival and she said it was amazing, i might be going next year.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
yeah i wasnt allowed to go to any festivals this year cause my mom wouldnt let me -_- ....

but she said next year i can go (cause thats when my older brother started going to them). so hopefully ill go to moe.down, bonnaroo, and (well we can always hope) if phish is back a phish festival
Don't plan on Phish being back, sorry to burst your bubble.. I was going to go to All Good this summer... because my bro lives out in Morgantown, which is like 20 mins away from Masontown in WV, but he said the only way he would take me is if i bought him a ticket... Maybe if they were about 20 bucks instead of 120.. one could only hope, but it would have been so worth the money. Hopefully next summer

Edit: Oh yeah, and my cousin went to bonaroo this summer, she said it was incredible, i wanna go so bad next summer, maybe i can go with her... god i duno what i would do
Trey is a Jedi.

I love Jam Bands! they all seem to be very open minded , I hate it when music sounds contained and limited.

Does anybody know of any upcoming concerts, or festivals in the North Texas area. I've searched before but I don't think there is much of a jam band fanbase around here .
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
PM RIC4003 or timmEH to join
Phish and Dead are pretty much the extent of my listening. Phish are easily my favorite band of all time.

But Jam bands are *for the most part* no talent generic ripoffs
theres a bunch of jam bands out there there are generic, but the big ones right now are the ones that influenced all these upcoming ones..

i mean i cant not agree, cause the truth is alot of these newer jambands have been pretty generic from what i've listened to of them.

in all fairness to them, people go see these bands not even because theyll hear a mindblowing show, but because its just a good time. the whole scene is just a fun thing, the people are cool, its fun hanging out beforehand talking, hanging out after, the few shows ive been to at jones beach theres been a big lot scene going on. i wouldnt say theyre talentless, but generic, yes some of them are generic
Quote by telex289
yeah but its always worth hoping for..

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Although I don't think Phish will be reuniting, I too am hoping, 2008 well see some Phishin'.

And also, I just joined jambase earlier, I didn't even know you had anything about it posted in here, I've always gone on there to look for shows and stuff, but never joined. Im PrsGuy5, if you want to add me as a friend.

And as for Jambands being generic, I don't know how you see that... most of them are about creating something new that no one has ever heard, and try to keep it as original as possible, maybe the ones you see or hear are just ripoffs, but don't go around saying they are talentless, because thats just blasphemy

Edit: Telex, in your post you typed the website wrong in the link, ill fix it... www.jambase.com

Edit 2: Also! Has anyone heard about Jimmy Herring joining Spread???? A great guitarist paired with a great JamBand, I hope they come back to Maryland on their fall tour (I haven't looked at the dates), but my friend saw them Aug. 4 and said it was the most amazing concert he'd ever been to. I sure hope they come back!

Edit 3: (Jesus Christ I can't stop thinking of things to say) Anyone else excited about Gov't Mule's new CD, High and Mighty?? 3 days til it hits the stores, I can't wait for it. Hopefully it will be as good as Deja Voodoo, which I think was a great album might I add.
Ok I'm spent. I sware, no more edits.
Trey is a Jedi.

Last edited by VR05 at Aug 19, 2006,
Quote by RHCPhysco8
Umphrey's McGee FTW

FTW!!!
I saw them in louisville with Los Lonely boys.

One jam band I like a lot is Santana, I dont know if you could call them stricly jam though.
Phish, Grateful Dead, moe. , Allman Bro's Band (Southern blues/rock but they jammed like mofo's), even Dave Matthews' Band are all the ****. Same goes for most solo projects stemming from any of the above...

But I'll always dig Phish over any of the others. They got me into jam band music and hold a special place in my heart.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
love dispatch, oar, state radio, dmb (of course), allman bros, blues traveler, etc.
^ First other State Radio fan on the site! woot!

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Ive never heard state radio myself, but I really dont categorize O.A.R., Dispatch, and Blues Traveler as, 'Jam Bands'. They have a different style than most do, and they don't really even get into heavy jams, such as band like Gov't Mule, Widespread Panic, Phish, etc..

But on the subject of 'Spread, and Mule, I just got both of their new CD's today. From what I have heard so far, great stuff. Best stuff i've heard from Mule yet, and the Spread CD starts off great but I haven't finished either of them. I definitely would recommend them, from as much as I have heard of them.
Trey is a Jedi.

State radio is not a jam band. I only mentioned them because they are an 'offshoot' of Dispatch. And yes, dispatch doesn't do 30 minute jams like phish, but live, most of there music ends up with quite a bit of improvising and expanding and they often begin to press the ten minute mark. Its a bit different from Phish, however, as the jams keep the original song as the starting point. OAR is now a pop group, but songs like That Was A Crazy Game of Poker could get quite lenghty live.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Quote by VR05

Edit 3: (Jesus Christ I can't stop thinking of things to say) Anyone else excited about Gov't Mule's new CD, High and Mighty?? 3 days til it hits the stores, I can't wait for it. Hopefully it will be as good as Deja Voodoo, which I think was a great album might I add.
Ok I'm spent. I sware, no more edits.

As one of my friends put it and I wholeheartedly agree, "The new Mule album melts my testicles." Is there anything funkier than the middle riff in 'Streamline Woman'? I saw them once this summer and I'm hoping to see them again in Brooklyn w./ Wolfmother.

BTW, anyone else here into Robert Randolph? If you have not seen them live they will blow you out of the water. They had the highest energy shows I've ever seen, not too mention they have girls come dance up on stage with them almost every show.
I just bought Anchor Drops by Umphrey's Mcgee. Kind of interesting as it is a bit heavier in places than average jam band material, but not mindblowing so far. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Quote by crazypeanutman

To Johntherev- Streamline Woman, is quite possibly my favorite song on the album, its pretty sick. I haven't seen them live yet, but i'm gonna try and go see them in the fall...
I have heard Robert Randolph, but never live, one of my friends saw him & the family band and said it was pretty amazing, i hope i can see them as well..

To Yertle- Anchor Drops is a great album, I like most of the material on it more than their newest studio release, Safety in Numbers, although SIN is a great album, i prefer anchor drops. Saw umph's live 2 weeks ago, great show.

Also, anyone here fans of the Derek Trucks Band? I'm pretty positive that they're my new favorite band. I got songlines and songlines live on DVD, although i went to best buy to get Joyful Noise, and Soul Serenade, they didnt have any dTb except the DVD. Kinda upsetting really.. But I am going to see them 11/3 so I cant wait for that... Anyone elses thought on the dTb?
Trey is a Jedi.

Great jam band - Derek and The Dominoes

Too bad all you hear is Layla though........ Pick up Live At The Fillmore
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake

Help
Space
****i listein to spread nmew cd right now...im realy sorry guys... im a lil drunk now holy sit buit spread new cd is ****in incredible its one of their best eatsilu i suggest biuying it great;y
Trey is a Jedi.

Dave Matthews Band is my favorite... then Widespread Panic, Phish, Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule... there aren't a lot of jam bands anymore, man. we need to bring that **** back, dude.
brizzah
Yeah dude ^^ I dunno if you aren't looking in the right places or something, because there are tons of great jam bands today... But to telex... yes I got the spread CD and the new Mule too, they're both great.. i spent a whole paycheck on CDs last week too lol.
Trey is a Jedi.

I just got a moe. CD today, Warts and All volume 4 , and I think they're great. Thanks to whoever reconmended them.
Quote by unplugtheradio
fuck sigs

Quote by alex_haeni
Damn you kbass, you're good.

Page 1 of 4