Hey ,

Ive been playin for almost two years now and i still cant play barre chords fast enough....my plam still pains when i try to play fast ....can someone plz tell me an exercise i can practise to get the kinda strength to play barre chords ?
Take it slowly. when it hurts, stop.

Also, try to practice barre chords higher up on the neck so there is less tension when you barre.
put the index down first and hold down 5 or 6 strings, than add on other fingers once the index is comfortable on its own.
I hope you warm up and strecth before hand.
An exercise you can try it to just barre the open strings on any fret and hold it for a few seconds. keep doing this regularly until u have built the strength up in ur index finger then try fingering the chord properly.
If it starts hurting then stop and leave it for a while. but i suggest you do it a few times in a go at different times a day.
This majorly depends on if you are using an acoustic or electric guitar (in my opinion).
Trying to learn barre chords on an electric is much easier due to the light weight strings, making them for flexible and less strain is applied to your hand. On the other hand, acoustic strings are thick, made of heavier steels etc.

And by changing fast do you mean just simply sliding down the whole chord a fret or two, or by different finger placements ?
try on something with less string tension first, then gradually work your way up
What are you... some stalker?
or, if you dont have time to do all that stuff....get one of those hand workout thigs from musiciansfriend, ive got one and it has worked wonders for me
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
yeah its harder on acoustic especially to do weird ones that are uncommon, i learnt them on an acoustic and it was better cause i got much stronger as a result, i reccomend if its too hard for you on acoustic (if that is what your doing it on) then move over to electric
Quote by inlovewithmusic
Hey, Ive been playin for almost two years now and i still cant play barre chords fast enough....my plam still pains when i try to play fast ....can someone plz tell me an exercise i can practise to get the kinda strength to play barre chords ?
Strength comes with patient, pain-free practice. In other words, if it hurts, stop and come back to it after your hand has had a chance to recover. It doesn't take much time and you'll really be doing yourself a favor.

Before you play anything, though, I strongly recommend stretching and warming your hands. Try these exercises - they work for me.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
roll ur fretting finger on its side.
apply more pressure at the knucke side, and less at the point of the finger.

relax.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by redwing_suck
*moved to g&b basics*

You nazi!!

I learned by picking a song that used lots of barre chords that I liked and kept playing until I was fine. I know alot of people say if it hurts stop, but I think it's a personal choice. If you think it's bad pain, stop. If you think it's pussy pain then that's how you get stronger. I played the acoustic version of Creep by Radiohead until I could barely grab a glass of water anymore. But I knew it wasn't a bad pain, just a growing pain. After about a month it was fine.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat