My guitar has a licenced floyd rose bridge which currently has a block of wood in the trem cavity so it functions like a strat-style bridge. (the bridge is paralel to the body btw) The 12th fret of my high E string is flat when the string is in tune so I moved the saddle at the bridge closer and closer to the neck, but now it won't go any further and the 12th fret is still flat! I know the little screw in the saddle can be put into multiple screwholes but it's already in the front one and the saddle can't be moved any further. My other strings are perfectly intonated with their saddles being somewhere in the middle. Anyone know what I can do? Thanks in advance!
your best bet is to tkae it to a shop, ive had this problem, on my old guitar that is, and just havent sorted it...i have no idea what to do but tbh i dont care its was £180 (its an Ibanez GIO)....yeh ask a shop ...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
sometimes an action change or neck adjustment gives u the extra room u need. but seeing as how everything else is how u like it, maybe trying a new string isnt a bad idea.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It could be the string ofcourse, but I've always used d'addario 10s and thusfar I've never had any problems like this with them. The strings that are currently on are pretty old but I've had strings on much longer without this problem occuring. Nevertheless I'll try changing the string to see if it has any effect. The guitar has been properly set up not so long ago btw.
well if they were all a mess i would say its the bridge or the neck angle. but all the other strings are intonated in the middle.
hopefully its a bad or kinked string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011