Hey,

I currently have a Epiphone LP Studio. It was the 1st electric guitar I bought without having any knowledge on guitars, etc. Is this guitar any good / worth keeping?

I've been thinking of getting a new guitar. Perhaps a Gibson LP Standard or Studio.

Any opinions?
U bought a LP studio without any knowledge o guitars???? U r either Les Paul's gr8 grandson or ur sixth sense is really workin'. According to me its the best buy u get. Congrats!!!!!! Gibson is way too expensive. Bsides a gibson LP is heavier and more difficult to handle. I think epiphone is fine. Xcpt for the fret file marks. otherwise its got a fast fingerboard. Nice tone. not as bright as a strat though. Cheers!!!!!!!!
keep ALL your guitars, it ain't like getting married, you don't have to dump one before getting another, guitars get along just fine with one another
the first advice i ever got was to keep my first guitar, it doesnt seem like much but in 20 or 30 years it will be a prized keep-sake.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
slash_ragnarock -

I've been thinking of replacing the pickups with seymour duncan alnico II humbuckers. do you know what kind of pickups are in the stock model? will the duncan's sound better?

Is it worth the price? i think it's like $75 per pickup
Quote by slash_ragnarock
U bought a LP studio without any knowledge o guitars???? U r either Les Paul's gr8 grandson or ur sixth sense is really workin'. According to me its the best buy u get. Congrats!!!!!! Gibson is way too expensive. Bsides a gibson LP is heavier and more difficult to handle. I think epiphone is fine. Xcpt for the fret file marks. otherwise its got a fast fingerboard. Nice tone. not as bright as a strat though. Cheers!!!!!!!!

Well, the LP studios are still pants. If not as bad as some other beginner guitars.

Threadstarter, a new guitar would be a good option.

What amp do you have? If you still have a practice amp, it would be worth spending some of your money on that and spending a little less on the guitar, as an amp will improve your tone more
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
What kind of stuff do you play? That will help us recommend an amp.

As for the Epi LP Studio, they're decent guitars. I'd say throw some new pickups in it and maybe some better tuners.

And for the new guitar, The Gibson LP Studio is nice - I'm not a fan of the Gibson Lp Standards though. I really like the Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP. It's basically a studio with burstbuckers and a mahogany top instead of maple. They go for about $800, so you can save yourself a bit of cash that way if you like them.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i agree wt timi, its time to upgrade the amp. ull get the best tone change that way.

whats ur budget?

epi studios are fine. no reason to get a new guitar yet. a new amp and a bridge pickup would sound incredible.

what music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011