first, i would just like to say this is an amazing looking guitar... in the transparent blue sunburst

can i get some feedback this guitar.. or other hollow bodies? or prons and cons of a semi-hollow and a hollow?

Link to artcore @ guitar center.com

EDIT: i use a BOSS GT-6, into a crate xt120r... and looking into the gt1200H (crate half stack)

i mostly play play punk rock and classic rock, but i have just recently gotten into rockabilly... chuck berry stuff
Originally posted by Leftover_Crack
Punk rock is: "Haha, I fucked your mom!"
Emo is: "I had sex with your mom.. why hasn't she called?"
Last edited by KingPolac89 at Aug 11, 2006,
it will be good for that price, and if thats what youre into then its for you....whhat styles do you play and what amp do you have, that might help match it to you, cos thats the only recommendation that will help tbh...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I don't think a new guitar is for you if you're still playing through a Crate. If you haven't noticed, the Crate is far less capable of many things other amps are (ie tube amps, decent SS/hybrid amps).

I would suggest instead of getting that Crate halfstack you should get an Epiphone Blues Custom. Sounds suitable to you. Either this, or a Traynor YCV of some wattage.

Overall, the Ibanez Artcore line of guitars is fantastic. I love mine through my Vox AD15VT. Great playing and great sounding. It sounds less nasaly, IMO, than the Epiphone semi-hollow guitars like the Dot, Sheraton, etc. Sounds much more open overall.

If you can afford to get the Artcore and one of the amps I mentioned before, you will love it. I gurantee you.
yeh i think you might want a new amp first tbh....thatll improve your sound 98% more than the guitar will...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by SuperAnalytical
I don't think a new guitar is for you if you're still playing through a Crate. If you haven't noticed, the Crate is far less capable of many things other amps are (ie tube amps, decent SS/hybrid amps).

I would suggest instead of getting that Crate halfstack you should get an Epiphone Blues Custom. Sounds suitable to you. Either this, or a Traynor YCV of some wattage.

Overall, the Ibanez Artcore line of guitars is fantastic. I love mine through my Vox AD15VT. Great playing and great sounding. It sounds less nasaly, IMO, than the Epiphone semi-hollow guitars like the Dot, Sheraton, etc. Sounds much more open overall.

If you can afford to get the Artcore and one of the amps I mentioned before, you will love it. I gurantee you.

The Crate tubes are great. However, I would agree with the Epiphone Blues Custom 30.
hmmm, the prices on those amps are a bit high lol. if i had to get one i think it would be the Epiphone Blues Custom, but 30W? would that be loud enough to jam with a drummer?

EDIT: my current guitar is a yamaha pacifica. which is my first guitar. i switched the stock bridge pickup with a SD'59 and the stock neck single coil with a SD hotrail. so any idea how thatll sound on the Epi Custom?
Last edited by KingPolac89 at Aug 11, 2006,
Quote by SuperAnalytical
It is 30 watts tube. Meaning it is somewhere around what a 90 watt solid state amp's volume would be.

o0o0o... so i guess that would be enough, eh?