I have a MIM Fender strat. I came with 3 single coils and I want to change it to a fat strat, I want to know if the routing underneith the picgaurd is going to be able to hold a humbucker. Please help me out.
-Tyler
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
i thought strats were usually routed to hold a humbucker, even if they dont have one when sold, i could be wrong. just pop off the pickguard and find out.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I also am considering two humbucker choices, I am deciding between the Seymour Duncan jb or the Invader. I play rock and punk. I want to know if the jb is as good with distortion and still have good tone.
-Tyler
ive got a jb in my mahogany guitar. its pretty bright. really high treble. in alder must be ultra bright.
in general not an invader fan, tho some guys like that sound for their fat strat.

as for the routing, usually i find them to be HSH routed.
u just need to cut or replace the guard. look before u order tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It IS ultra bright in alder. That's what I have in my Ibanez.

My god, Tyler, after all this time you STILL type "-Tyler" in every post? I want to think it's just because you haven't found the signature panel yet, but you HAVE a signature, so the only thing I can conclude is that you're an idiot.
^ You know why I put "-Tyler" at the end of all my posts? For that reason right there. You remebered me and what I said. You may not like it, but you remebered. So, Do you like the bright sound of the jb? I like a more trebley sound but is it too high?
-Tyler
^
Yeah, I like the trebley sound, but you may not. It's very cutting, so you may find it hard to blend into a mix. Also, the cleans suck.

Quote by tylermosk
I also am considering two humbucker choices, I am deciding between the Seymour Duncan jb or the Invader. I play rock and punk. I want to know if the jb is as good with distortion and still have good tone.
-Tyler

if we were to find a more suitable pickup how much would you pay for it? and what amp do you use?