Right now i'm playing through a peavey ranger 212 and it suits me fine my tone is great. The clean is so good that i have begun to play a lot more country. The overdrive is plenty good enough to suit my metal needs. I am playing a dean ml phantom xt (factory pickups). Since my style changed from strictly metal to metal and country this guitar no longer suits my needs. I want a guitar that looks traditional country and i need that classic country twang but i also want something that i can turn up the overdrive on and get some really great metal tone with great harmonics. i was thinking american telecaster. Help me.
tele, all the way baby
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Quote by Connorcore
Can you keep your current guitar and also get a tele

i could but i am really still in a stage where i am seeking out my style and tone. I've already played the dean for about 8 months and i think im ready to move on. I believe i could get $350 out of the dean and that would go a long way toward a new guitar or some effects.

I might consider keeping the dean if the pickups were more versatile. Any suggestions?
tele x1000
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)