Im having trouble muting with my guitar. I dont know whether or not to use a thin or thick pic. Its hard to explain what im doing that makes it sound weird. So im just seeing if anyone has any advice for muting. (Im learning Teen Spirit so thats why i need help with muting)
in teen spirit, they're left hand mutes, or deadstrums...what's so hard about that? you just lay your left hand on the strings and don't push down
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Thats what i was thinking kurt was doing, but i wasent sure.
yeah...a palm mute [righthand mute] sounds way different...really bassy as a lefthand mute [deadstrum] sounds more trebly
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
yeah i was palm muting it, i just tried what you said and it sounds much smoother. Thanks man
Quote by richwatkinson
Dont learn teen spirit, its among the most hated songs ever.

/solved.

Learn Smells Like Teen Spirit. It's easy, and recognizable. If your friends don't play guitar, it's an easy way to impress them .

(Just make sure you don't get stuck learning powerchord song after powerchord song like I did when I first started.)
i have fun with the solo in that song.

pinch harmonics, trem picking, if i have a trem, i would do the dime pinchbomb things.

yea, i get bored. same with the american idiot solo.
its great source of humor when you are with guitarists who hate them
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by CRFE
yeah i was palm muting it, i just tried what you said and it sounds much smoother. Thanks man

It hardly sounds smoother... I hate the sound of mute notes. So dry and dead.
Quote by richwatkinson
Dont learn teen spirit, its among the most hated songs ever.

/solved.

you what!!!!!! it made nirvana one of the best known bands around hardly the sign of a hated song
Quote by wilty00
I hate the sound of mute notes. So dry and dead.

Yeah smartass thats why there called deadnotes. Anyways, im glad i read this cuz i suck at palm muting and id like to learn that song. and ive been palm muting it since ive been learning it, and that makes it alot harder.
Smells like Teen Spirit is a good song. It is a bit overrated as i like heart shaped box and you know your right much better from Nirvana. But yeah the only thing i can do really good in teen spirit is the solo, its one of the easist solos ive done that sound really cool. I havent perfected the muting im still working on it.
Dont play teen spirit for people, wait no you can, but dont play it in a guitar store.

Learn heart shaped box and lithium