I have a problem and its really starting to piss me off. When I seem to play my Orange Rocker 30 at low volumes right after I switch it from off, to standby then a few minutes later to on, it starts at a high volume despite being low. And then It outputs a crackly distorted signal, but when I crank it over 12 oclock, its fine. Is this a problem with the tubes? Any help would be awesome.
chances are you need new tubes
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241
chances are you need new tubes

I think so too, but then again, it did this a few times before when I just bought it like 2 months ago. Its a problem that goes away and comes back. Sounds stupid I know...
Quote by statopaul_mark
I think so too, but then again, it did this a few times before when I just bought it like 2 months ago. Its a problem that goes away and comes back. Sounds stupid I know...

Now I only have a GCSE in electronics so don't take my word for it, but an intermittent problem such as the one you've described is often caused by a loose connection of some sort.
Love is not a victory march.
Quote by shakysam
Now I only have a GCSE in electronics so don't take my word for it, but an intermittent problem such as the one you've described is often caused by a loose connection of some sort.

Hmmm, that would suck. Anyways thanks for the help, All I needed to know is that its not a common thing with tube amps to behave like this so I'll take it in.