Right well I've been playing for 4 years and my guitar keeps dying, so I need a new one, I have 400£ give or take to spend.

My amp is (going to be) a Peavey xxx so yeah.

I play stuff like Coheed & Cambria, Funeral For A Friend, Radiohead, Death Cab, a fair bit of indie, and quite a lot of high distortion stuff.
R.RHOADS IS GOD wrote:

WELL IF U MEAN BY B OPEN MINDED LIKEING SHIT .....NO THANK YOU
a schecter or an ibanez probably
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I think with a XXX, you should get all those tones no matter the guitar, IMO. I would probably try something like a MIM or MIJ Telecaster, Strat, Fat Strat, or HH Strat with coil tap.
Dean Razorback those kick ass
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth
I'd have to give the nod to a tele. Maybe save a bit more and go for a 72' custom. That should be an excellent fit for your style.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
What is the stock humbucker on the 72' reissue tele like, cause i've been looking at that for a while?
R.RHOADS IS GOD wrote:

It's got an almost single-coil like clarity, and good mids. From what i've heard. It's tonally inbetween a single-coil and a humbucker.
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
sticking to my favorite- the ibanez s470. it's good for anything, and looks freakishly cool too.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I like a very trebly overdrive, Maple necks are good for that right?
R.RHOADS IS GOD wrote:

^Yes they are. Also IMO, teles have the greatest necks ever. I would go for a maple fretboard if you get the custom, you get a choice between that and rosewood, and i find that maple is brighter and more trebly.
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Okay, well, I'll try one out with my peavey when it arrives, thanks, also I looked at the Ibanez...they sound good..but they're pointy.Very Pointy.
R.RHOADS IS GOD wrote: