would fitting nylon strings onto an electric guitar , with piezo pickups produce a decent sound?
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Uh... well, I never tried that. But I think it'll sound like **** because the amp is designed for electric strings.
Sent from my iPad.
You can't. Electric strings are made of magnetic material and your pick ups are magnets that pick up the signal from your vibrating strings. Nylon is NOT magnetic!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
^ dont peizo pickups pickup the natural sound?
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
With a Peizo system it should sound pretty nice. With regular pickups it wont work.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
Quote by SlashHammett
^ dont peizo pickups pickup the natural sound?

I would still think the sound would suck because there's nothing for the sound to reverberate in. LIke the body of an acoustic guitar. But, I don't know.
There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. - A.J
------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3 member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slashs_#1_fan to join.
Yeah. Piezos pickup vibrations, not magnetic fields. But it still won't sound too good, it's just not meant to be.

EDIT: Nylon strings on an electric guitar, this is.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Last edited by jmag at Aug 11, 2006,
Why would you even try that? Just stick to the standards.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Piezoelectric pickups dont work by picking up magnetic vibrations.

They work on a principle similar to quatz. If you pass a current through quartz crystal, it'll vibrate rapidly (hence how a watch works).

In piezoelectric pickups, if you vibrate the crystals, they create a current. This current is the same current used in magnetic pickups, which we call the signal.

Nylon strings would work with piezo-electric pickups. I dont know how well though.
Been away, am back
u would end up with a spiral shaped guitar though, surely, the neck is made to the tension of steel, thousands of times stronger than nylon... the neck would bow, or the strings would just snap, same reason u can't put em on a steel string acoustic
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by amorebelladonna
and there arent any pups on that parker

Yeah there are, if you had bothered to read the spec, you would know that. Idiot.