Ok I'm tryin to decide what kind of pickup to get in the bridge pickup of my Gibson Les Paul Standard. I'm tryin to decide between an EMG 81, a Seymour Duncan Sh-4 JB Model and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom. I'm playin through a Marshall AVT100 and I play a lotta stuff like Ozzy, Metallica, Slayer, and some other Thrash Metal. neone have ne advice as to which pickup I should get?

thanx in advance
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4
Ok I'm tryin to decide what kind of pickup to get in the bridge pickup of my Gibson Les Paul Standard. I'm tryin to decide between an EMG 81, a Seymour Duncan Sh-4 JB Model and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom. I'm playin through a Marshall AVT100 and I play a lotta stuff like Ozzy, Metallica, Slayer, and some other Thrash Metal. neone have ne advice as to which pickup I should get?

thanx in advance

Do you have a limit on money? If not, I recommend a Bareknuckle...something like a Nailbomb or Warpig.

I'd recommend the Seymours otherwise...I think EMGs have no tone at all.
What type of wood is your guitar? If its not mahogany(SP?) or another one of the darker heavier woods you may want to look at staying with passive pickups. Instead of the Seymours I suggest looking at Bare Knuckle pickups as well.If you do go the emg route your going to want to buy a 60 for the neck as well. I like emgs personally and all those bands use them so you should be able to achieve all those sounds decently. In the end I say maybe go and try to find a guitar with those pickup configurations or whatnot.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4
r they available in Canada? how much do they cost?

You order them from the UK; a humbucker should be about $212 CAD.
^^^assloads if you're in canada
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
I'll look into that, if its a lot i might just go with one of the seymours, if I do get them though should i go with the warpig or the nailbomber?
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4
I'll look into that, if its a lot i might just go with one of the seymours, if I do get them though should i go with the warpig or the nailbomber?

It really depends...I think the Warpig is absurdly high gain; personally, I'm into a lot of metal...Sabbath, Priest, Symphony X, Megadeth, Pantera, etc. and I want a Nailbomb set.
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4

Well in the US you can actually get 5 SD humbuckers for the price of a pair of Bareknuckles.

Quote by Funky P
Well in the US you can actually get 5 SD humbuckers for the price of a pair of Bareknuckles.

The Bareknuckles have much better tone, though.

I'd say if you have the money, look into some BKs; if you don't, settle for some Duncans.
well money isnt an issue but i dont wanna spend a whole lot more than $200 to order in a bk
^^^well they're a whole lot more than $200CAD

With one Warpig in the bridge, it'll be just over $200, there's no canadian dealers on the BK site, so you'll have to ship from the US which is quite a bit more aswell.

^ Pickups wise, look into Swineshead. They're also good pickups from the UK and are considerably cheaper than BKs, although they're not quite as good.

Although I think you should buy a new amp. The AVT sucks, and buying a new amp will improve your tone a hell of a lot more than a nice set of pickups.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
No I'm not lookin into a new amp. I bought the AVT just a few months ago and I find it to be a pretty good amp.
If you're looking into Bareknuckles maybe take a look at the Miracle Man too, I'm saving for one now
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
wow i checked out the warpig, has insane output

something like 22.55k DC resistance O_o
the SD JB is like 16k
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile