i have about $300 and i really want a new guitar because im sick of the 4 year old one i have now (squier bullet) so what kind of guitar should i get?
Hmm..not too many choices for that price range..do you want to stick to the Strat style guitars, or do you want something completely different? what kind of music do you play?
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Quote by SlipAway
Hmm..not too many choices for that price range..do you want to stick to the Strat style guitars, or do you want something completely different? what kind of music do you play?

i want something completely different...and i play stuff like Guns N Roses, AcDc, and poison
when i bought my second guitar, i bought an ibanez RG370DX and it was exactly 300...its pretty good
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Save up and get a GIBSON Les Paul or a HIGHEND Epi Les Paul.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Save up and get a GIBSON Les Paul or a HIGHEND Epi Les Paul.

how much is a HIGHEND Epi Les Paul?
you could get a fender tele for 350 or shop ebay for some unusual brands

if you were feeling really adventurous make your own with parts from other guitars
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by ~*Slash*~
i want something completely different...and i play stuff like Guns N Roses, AcDc, and poison

Ok..in that case I'm going to recommend an LP style.. and since you're looking at the $300 price range, Gibson is definitely out of the question..I wouldn't even recommend an Epiphone there.. Agile is definitely a great alternative...look a this one:

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500tribalblue.html

Also search www.rondomusic.net for some of their others.. decent guitars for the price..I own the AL3000, myself..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Quote by danzig-_-
when i bought my second guitar, i bought an ibanez RG370DX and it was exactly 300...its pretty good

do you have a pic of it?
get a fender strat that was made in mexico. they still sound pretty good for about 300
Quote by SlipAway
Ok..in that case I'm going to recommend an LP style.. and since you're looking at the $300 price range, Gibson is definitely out of the question..I wouldn't even recommend an Epiphone there.. Agile is definitely a great alternative...look a this one:

http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500tribalblue.html

Also search www.rondomusic.net for some of their others.. decent guitars for the price..I own the AL3000, myself..

yeah thats a real nice guitar
Quote by blsrocks
get a fender strat that was made in mexico. they still sound pretty good for about 300

IGNORE!!

Get something with Humbuckers, A fat Strat, or a Fat Tele, Or a Les Paul style guitar.

with $300 you should buy a fake gun and rob a guitar store
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Quote by zekk
IGNORE!!

Get something with Humbuckers, A fat Strat, or a Fat Tele, Or a Les Paul style guitar.

i was planning on getting a jay turser les paul but jay turser isnt really all that good
Since you play GNR and AC/DC, you're gonna need something thick and bassy, maybe a Les Paul or SG. An Ibanez is pure **** at AC/DC, there'sno tone to the guitar. But since you play Poison, you'e gonna want something with a Floyd Rose.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
schecter omen or something used, i bought a used c-1plus for 350, its 550 new
i agree with zekk. make sure u get something with humbuckers. like a les paul. save up. an epiphone les paul is about 500...to get a nice one. just wait. it will be worth it
You really should save up for a les paul. I'm pretty sure they even sell the gothic epi for about $400 or something like that. The fact of the matter is that you get what you pay for. You could spend the $300 on a guitar with below average sound now.. or keep playing on the ibenez and save more money. You will appreciate it later.
i would get a tele with hot rails. its a really worthwhile buy. the rails are basically humbuckers and if you decide to change your style to something softer with single coils youve got a single coil neck pup or ou can change the rails. if you have humbuckers you will never get a single coil in there if you ever wanted one.
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Or he could make sure the 'Bucker had four wires and set up a coil tap.

i would not trust this jay turser

who the hell is that!

WOrk for your neighboor or something just get 200 dollars more and your set for a reliable epiphone

trust me epiphone man!!

if your rich gibson!
Epiphone Vintage G-400 is $299 and is a good guitar. Definately can pump out the AC/DC sounds and versatile enough to handle the other types of music you're into. I bought my daughter one and it sounds great.
Get A Schecter, either save up for a more expenisve one or buy an Omen 6. You will horribly dissapointed with an ibeanz, they are cheap schecter clones.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!