I posted this her instead of the pit for hopes of quality replys.

my buddy is bringing his bass over money, hes pretty decent, I was wonder what are some cool things to do with a guitar and a bass, we did crazy train.. and cemetery gates.

what are some cool ways to integrate guitar + bass
umm you guys could make up your own music dummy
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
you could place them side by side and take pretty pictures of them. you could treat them like clubs and fight each other with them.

yeah those are cool things to do with a guitar and bass
Quote by Sapple Pass
umm you guys could make up your own music dummy

I think playing other peoples is more fun since we dont have a full band, but we will probably write something
yeah covers = pointless. Why waist your time on somebody else's stuff when you could be writing you own?
My Amazing Gear:
Parker PM20
Parker P-38
Ampeg R212R Reverbrocket
Yamaha YPT-300
Quote by Sapple Pass
yeah covers = pointless. Why waist your time on somebody else's stuff when you could be writing you own?

Its fun you tool.

Sorry, but what a dumb question.

Music should be fun.
Try harmonizing. Thats fun with a bass and guitar.

Or you can have him do some funky bassin' and you can improv over him, then trade off.

Rub your guitars together, while using high gain.

Synchronized headbanging....

The list goes on...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by ShredtoBed
Try harmonizing. Thats fun with a bass and guitar.

Or you can have him do some funky bassin' and you can improv over him, then trade off.

Rub your guitars together, while using high gain.

Synchronized headbanging....

The list goes on...

Your the most helpful, I didnt know guitar and bass could harmonize.. His amp doesnt have gain I dont think.

Hes black
play foo, he and you should tell the bass player do a a beat/rythm/etc. When i hold a bass and goof of with it, i always can get taht funky beat going. So it most not be so hard to that when ur actually A Bass player. Have fun, over here there are 0% of bass players. Those cowards stop staying at home!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Yeah dude. I once harmonized with a saxophone! That was.....different.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by Sapple Pass

And are you ever planning on becoming famous? If you want to have your band be famous, you have to learn covers. Plus they are fun to play. There isn't a good bar or club around that will hire a un-known band that only does originals. People like to hear what they know. What you do is get people to like your covers and start to follow you a bit, then you show them your originals.

covers do deff NOT = pointless
tell your bassist a key then have him make up a simple bassline then do some improve soloing over it
Quote by MaidenRules666
tell your bassist a key then have him make up a simple bassline then do some improve soloing over it

I wish I knew the theory to do that.
^dude, just use the minor pentatonic, you cant go wrong

from the low e to high e its just

Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?