I am looking for an alright distortion pedal, I have no clue wat so ever as what I sould be looking at, my price range is anything under 200$ canadian
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion!!!!!
just buy it.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal pedal is awsome.
or the electro harmonics metal muff.
^ The boss mt-2 is the opposite of versatile, the uber metal same. The Metal muff is ass compared to the other muffs (its also spelt electro harmonix)

I surgest you spend your money on a new amp like I said in your other thread.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Aug 11, 2006,
A DS-1 or DS-2 might suit you.

But really, I agree with StuC. Save your money and get a better amp (like something tube) with better built-in distortion. That's really the best way, in my opinion.
Boss make quality overdrive and distortion pedals that won't cost $200. Try a BD-2, DS-1, OS-2, SD-1, OD-3. Always try them before handing out money. Ibanez Tubescreamers are usually held in high regard, though I've never tried one, I'd suggest you do. If it's good enough for Stevie Ray Vaughan, it's good enough for you. Tech 21 is a more expensive company, but a quality one. Once I have the money I'm buying an "American Woman" overdrive.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."