hey Im thinking bout gettin my 2nd axe...
wat do you suggest?

I like hard rock, heavy metal, any rock cept emo...

Right now I have a silvertone (revolver)
willing to spend up to 500 $
interested in les paul
les pauls are great, but i dont own one so i couldnt tell you a whole lot about them. look at jacksons and esp. also schecter, i love schecters.
Have you played a Les Paul, I know I looked a one when I went to spent around 500 for a second guitar, and it ddin't feel right. I bought a Squier M-80, I know it's squier, but it's a mmaster built, and I love it to death. I play the same music as you, and this seems to work well for that. It has the same electronic set-up as a les Paul (Fixed Bridge, 2 humbuchers, 2 volme). Oh, ot has a set neck to, instead of bolt on.

Check it out...
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0344100506

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
If you've got $500, and you like hard rock and heavy metal, you might want to try a Dean ML Noir XT. Although, it doesn't have inlays, so, ya better know your way around.
Quote by Fishhooker
If you've got $500, and you like hard rock and heavy metal, you might want to try a Dean ML Noir XT. Although, it doesn't have inlays, so, ya better know your way around.

It will have side markers, which are more important IMO. Try schecters, Ibanez SZs or an S if you want a trem.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!