sooo, I've got my rig set-up as such.

*** Ric/Fernie - MonsterBass cable - Morley Power Wah - MonsterBass cable - BlackJack booster/light overdrive - MonsterBass cable - AmpegSVT4-Pro / Korg DTR-2000 / PowerConditioner / Ampeg 8x10 ***

I've written down my settings for my head and I will post them when I can.

in the meantime This thread is for people with a similar head/cab to show me your personal settings and compare sounds. Im interested in alternative settings for the head unit and a variation of sounds and tones, and hearing what people have to say about the head and setup

I hope this makes sense. Im runnin on coffee and cigs and at work at the moment.

be gentle.

~Roger
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
Quote by RogerBeam

*** Fender Jazz- MonsterBass cable - AmpegSVT4-Pro / Korg DTR-2000 / PowerConditioner / Ampeg 8x10 ***

i made a few changes^

honestly, i would rid myself of all, the noise adding gadgets. i don't even run my tuner
(DTR-1) in line, because of the extra line noise it adds. the SVT4 has so dang many tonal options, it boggles the mind. i would keep the limiter "on". the ultra boosts off.
my 8 band EQ has a mild "smile" on it. the bass is at 4 o,clock, the mid at 3 o'clock, and my treb at 3 o'. all other tone changes, i do on the guitar.
nice rig, you have there.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

honestly, i would rid myself of all, the noise adding gadgets. i don't even run my tuner
(DTR-1) in line, because of the extra line noise it adds. the SVT4 has so dang many tonal options, it boggles the mind. i would keep the limiter "on". the ultra boosts off.
my 8 band EQ has a mild "smile" on it. the bass is at 4 o,clock, the mid at 3 o'clock, and my treb at 3 o'. all other tone changes, i do on the guitar.
nice rig, you have there.

well, I use all of it, I am actually very mucho pleased with the sound I'm getting out of this and as far as extra noise goes, its very subdued.

as far as the tonal options...EXACTLY why I put this up

if'n I get a chance before I head to the studio tonight, I'll put up a rough pic or something of my EQ and knobbys.
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG

BASSES
Last edited by RogerBeam at Aug 11, 2006,
SETTINGS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BLACKJACK
O - O - O - O - O...= knobs
3....9...12..3....9...= oclock
booster off, distortion on
HEAD
EQ = Hz & KHz
33...80...150..300..600...900..2.....5.....8......LVL
+2...+4...+2...-4....+0....+2....-2...+0...+2......full

GAIN 12 o clock COMP. 2.5 o clock MASTER 2.5 o clock

-15dB out.......UltraHI in........UltraLO in......BRIGHT out.......EQ in.......LIMITDEFEAT in

BASS 10.5 oclock...MID 10.5 oclock...LOW 10.5 oclock

ON GUITAR = active = BASS full...MID med...TREB full...VOL. cranked to 11.

so if anyone happens to have a similar setup im sure you'll love it. bright and punchy, without being boomy.

SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED and I will check them out.

~Roger

PS i hope that is understandible...gotta hurry!
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG

BASSES
I bet barely anyone on this forum owns SVTs cause they are mostly teenaged noobs... including me -_-
Quote by ufing10
I bet barely anyone on this forum owns SVTs cause they are mostly teenaged noobs... including me -_-

BLAST!

oh well, so I guess if anyone gets one they've got a good source for a nice sound.

Thanks Guys!

~Roger
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG

BASSES
I'm getting and SVT-3 Pro in about a week or two if that counts.
Quote by Caustic
Loviator sounds like a 70's sex toy, probably discontinued and withdrawn from retail due to poor grade rubber being used in construction.

Quote by Stop Messin'
Put the weed in your friends anus, light it, and use his pecker like a bong :O
i dislike you roger...

because you have such nice gear!

j/k about the disliking thing, lol...,

thats cool, I'm not a big Ampeg guy though...actually I'm not any kind of guy, I'm too broke to be a brand guy, lol...But I do love Ampeg cabs though, those things sound huge!...even the 4x8 I tried out once sounded like a 6x10, god I wanted that cab, its pretty rare these days, ....anyway I'm adding a nice 115-SVT cab to my current setup to add some of that fat low end that Ampeg is famous for...My current setup is a Legion 2x12 and a Hartke HA3000...nice huh?
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
i dislike you roger...

Oh thank god, I thought you were serious for a second. haha, well I've been really lucky lately as far as life goes. I wish that for everyone. Also Im working extremely hard to make music my career so its really like a business investment. a very very...fun...business investment.

~Roger
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG

BASSES