Ok, first off, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I wasn't quite sure what to do, because both amp and guitar have their own forum.

So currently I play a Squire Strat out of a Fender Frontman 15G. As you can tell, I could use a new setup. I play Trivium, SOAD, Metallica, etc.
Right now I have my mind set upon these:

Guitar: Ibanez RG1570; $750(add ten bucks and get a crybaby wah)
Amp: Roland Cube 60; $300

With some work I could get the Roland pretty soon, and it'd take me a while for the RG. I'm sorta leaning towards guitar

So which one? And feel free to post other guitars/amps
The Cubes are really useful amps, i own a cube 60 and i have to say that it is a really great amp for all kinds of situiations. If you could deal with teh squier for longer i'd get the cube then get an rg later, but if the wah pedal is a limited time offer and you really want it then go for the rg.
I personally got the better amp first in your situation years ago.
GUITAR! I can't stress that enough. You make the sound with your guitar, you play the guitar and not the amp. The guitar is your BASIC tone and will be your tone-edge. Yes you will get a better tone with the amp, but you will have to buy a guitar that sounds good with that amp when you buy a guitar and it's way better to buy an amp that matches your guitar tone I think. You can always change your amp, and keep the guitar if you want a new tone, but you can't get a totally new tone by changing your guitar and using the same amp.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I'd get the guitar first because it has humbuckers and even if you get the cube your not going to get a good metal sound out of it until you get the ibanez.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
i would definitely go with the amp first then the guitar. No matter how nice your guitar is if you have a ****ty amp you tone is gonna be ****ty. Go for the amp first you can still play metal with a strat so dont listen to what some people might say that you can't.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Quote by Muppet
GUITAR! I can't stress that enough. You make the sound with your guitar, you play the guitar and not the amp. The guitar is your BASIC tone and will be your tone-edge. Yes you will get a better tone with the amp, but you will have to buy a guitar that sounds good with that amp when you buy a guitar and it's way better to buy an amp that matches your guitar tone I think. You can always change your amp, and keep the guitar if you want a new tone, but you can't get a totally new tone by changing your guitar and using the same amp.

No. Amp.

The amp makes the sound silly. Not the guitar. [edit] depending on how you look at it anyways...

If it were a ratio (guitar to amp) itd be like: Guitar=30% of sound. Amp=70%

"Yes you will get a better tone with the amp"....you just answered his question. Tone comes before ANYTHING. Whether it be guitar playability or feel.

When asking the question "Guitar or Amp?" The answer is almost ALWAYS amp. You cant have a Gibson Les Paul and play it through a MG10 and still get a Les Paul sound. But you CAN have a Squire Bullet through a Mesa Recto and it still sounds like a Recto.

Something to think about anyways...
Quote by Muppet

Would you rather play a Gibby LP through a marshall MG or a squier strat through a boutique amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ BOUTIQUE AMP FTW.

Dun Dun Dun (A-Team theme).

Gear freaks unite!

K. Im lame.

[edit] 1,700th POST. I now realize I have no life.
^lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?